Minimal Travel Gear

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
SirCur

Re: Minimal Travel Gear

Post by SirCur »

Agreed on the comments about airport "security" - less convenience without really increasing the security of the plane. One time, they took a "knife" out of a Swiss Army card I had (got for a Christmas gift) <- the blade was about 1 inch long - chuckle - what a security threat!!

I'll have to check out the Hydro 3, although I'm not a big fan of the Fusion-syle cartridges - still, maybe it's better than those single edge Bic disposables.

... Steve
(I'd love to hear what others pack when they travel - it's always good to get more ideas on "packing light" ...)
To want what I have
To take what I'm given with grace
For this I pray
brothers

Re: Minimal Travel Gear

Post by brothers »

My wife and I recently enjoyed a pleasant vacation to one of our favorite destinations in a neighboring state. The only shaving related articles I took were a twin blade disposable and a tub of Noxzema Original Cleansing cream. There were 5 mornings. The first day I didn't shave. The second, I used the Noxzema as a shaving cream and got a pretty nice result with very little effort, just as I intended. My enthusiasm for shaving was rapidly disappearing by the third day so all I did was splash water on my face and go over it with the disposable. The result was poor, and I didn't care :D The fourth morning I hurriedly and begrudgingly rubbed a thin coat of Noxzema on the beard area and used the disposable with the only objective of getting it over as soon as possible so I could get on with the pleasant day ahead. Day 5 was the travel day to go back home, so I once again used water and the disposable and then tossed it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444