Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
- Posts: 2607
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:57 pm
- Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house
Hello to everyone! finances, or the grave lack of same kept me offline. In truth, I experienced how people can become invisible and disenfranchised. I am still without a car. However, my brothers both suffer diabetes from obesity and I weigh @ what I did in my 20s. The TeeVee went and I actually read all the books I thought I had and live quite nicely without Judge Judy, car chases and Justin Bieber.
My nieghbor kindly let me use her signal and I dusted off the laptop and took two days remembering how it works. I actually managed a small order fro Bullgoose! I've been using up all the assorted gifted soaps from so many of you. I[promise not to resurrect to many ancient posts!
- Posts: 20218
- Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:18 am
- Location: Oklahoma City USA
Let me be among the first to say it's about time!
SOTD 99%: 12 soaps & creams, SilkSmoke synthetic, General V2 by Colonial razors, Kai & Schick, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444 asb
- Posts: 599
- Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:41 pm
Wonderful to have you back, KAV! We've missed your unique perspective around here, and we'll all be better off having you back among the flock!
Glad to hear you're doing well - and here's to reading many more posts from you soon!
- Posts: 3066
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:13 am
- Location: Central Maine
Welcome back! Yes, it's been far too long.
Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite http://www.krampertsfinest.com/
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
- Duke of Silvertip!
- Posts: 27408
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:02 pm
Ah KAV!...indeed....welcome back. I too have experienced being "invisible and disenfranchised" in this society and, while I can't honestly recommend it, it did have it's attractions and advantages. If you check the back posts from around when you disappeared you will see that you were missed.
- Posts: 7019
- Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:41 pm
- Location: Moses Lake, Washington, USA
Welcome back, KAV! It's a relief to know that you are okay and to have you back among us.
Give me Soap or give me death!
- Posts: 9496
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:39 pm
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
- Posts: 884
- Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:10 pm
- Location: Houston, TX
Give me Lavender or give me death.
- Posts: 757
- Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:34 am
- Location: UTM Zone 16T
Good to see you back, KAV.
- Posts: 3024
- Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:15 pm
- Location: Raleigh, NC
Great to see you again, KAV!
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
- Squadron Leader
- Posts: 18970
- Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:41 pm
- Location: North East, MS
Hey man, good to see ya.
- Posts: 335
- Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:44 pm
- Location: Pepperell MA
Glad you're back! Life interrupts sometime. Hope your reading was most enjoyable and worthwhile. Hope all is well or getting there!
- Posts: 837
- Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:38 am
- Location: Decatur, AL
Late to the party...but welcome back, KAV.
- M'Learned Friend
- Posts: 11740
- Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:13 am
- Location: memphis, tennessee
Wow. Glad that you are back. Do stay.
- Posts: 1216
- Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:44 am
- Location: Porto, Portugal
I wasn't here before, but welcome back anyway!
“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
- Merkur Man
- Posts: 3179
- Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:35 am
- Location: Mississippi
You were missed.
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
- Clive the Thumb
- Posts: 8323
- Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:59 am
welcome back and ditto on sentiments already expressed
de gustibus non est disputandum
- Posts: 3834
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:28 pm
Good to see you back, Kav.
"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."