New Sandalwood range from DR Harris

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
brothers

New Sandalwood range from DR Harris

Post by brothers »

I've just received an email from Harris. They're introducing their new Sandalwood range of men's shaving and grooming products available, with AfterShave Milk to come a bit later on. The fragrance is based on the previously existing Sandalwood after shave.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
TheMonk

Re: New Sandalwood range from DR Harris

Post by TheMonk »

I'm quite curious to try it, considering the scent is based on the lotion. I just hope this somehow doesn't mean they'll be discontinuing Marlborough... I love that scent.
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Well, well, Harris sandalwood is one of my favorite versions of that scent.
Regards,
Squire
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

They better leave my Arlington alone. :evil:
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Sample received! It smells good. Haven't lathered it up yet, but I'm game. It took 7 days from London. See photo.

Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

brothers wrote:Sample received! It smells good. Haven't lathered it up yet, but I'm game. It took 7 days from London. See photo.
I'll look forward to hearing your impressions of it.
_______
John
kronos9

Post by kronos9 »

And a handwritten note! The first ingredient is Potassium Palmate. Does that make it a tallow or veggie soap?

Also looking forward to your review.
Ed
brothers

Post by brothers »

It does list a tallowate ingredient second, I'd call it a tallow soap, as are all of Harris' soaps. I really haven't taken the time to compare the ingredient list with other Harris soaps. For this morning's straight razor shave, I loaded the brush on the soap for around 15 to 20 seconds maximum. In the past, with my other Harris soaps, (when I had some), I found it necessary to load the brush for a longer period of time due to the fact that my tap water's hard. I think that's going to be my practice on future latherings with this Harris soap. I like abundant lathers, and this soap is quite capable of giving me just what I expect from my chosen soaps. The Sandalwood fragrance is quite nice, mild, but quite acceptable. I'm going to use the entire sample. I think others are going to like Harris Sandalwood shaving soap, as I do.
Gary

TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

brothers wrote:It does list a tallowate ingredient second, I'd call it a tallow soap, as are all of Harris' soaps. I really haven't taken the time to compare the ingredient list with other Harris soaps. For this morning's straight razor shave, I loaded the brush on the soap for around 15 to 20 seconds maximum. In the past, with my other Harris soaps, (when I had some), I found it necessary to load the brush for a longer period of time due to the fact that my tap water's hard. I think that's going to be my practice on future latherings with this Harris soap. I like abundant lathers, and this soap is quite capable of giving me just what I expect from my chosen soaps. The Sandalwood fragrance is quite nice, mild, but quite acceptable. I'm going to use the entire sample. I think others are going to like Harris Sandalwood shaving soap, as I do.

Does the scent compare to any other soap or cologne? I've been tempted to buy this one, but I already have so much software waiting to be used, I really have to justify to myself it's worth it.
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

Did anyone find any information as to when it will be available in the US?
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
brothers

Post by brothers »

Should be any day now. It's listed now at Connaught in UK.
Gary

churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

brothers wrote:Should be any day now. It's listed now at Connaught in UK.
I just ordered the shaving soap from Connaught. They were offering a 10% discount with code SMFNIS. I don't know if it still is valid.
_______
John