Moss Scuttle & MWF

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Courierdog

Moss Scuttle & MWF

Post by Courierdog »

When I cam back to DE Wet Shaving after spending years on the Dark Side, I was pleasantly surprised to find an extremely wide selection of almost anything shaving related, just not in the local drug store.
I grew up bouncing back and forth between an electric face scrubber and a double edge razor, Williams Soap and a brush with bristles. Shaving was a requirement period.
I decided to look into DE Shaving because my face was a mess due to all the chemical products in the canned gel and the multi-blade shaving instrument.
My first week of shaving in the old way proved in short order a good razor with a reasonable blade plus a natural product shaving soap and my face began to show signs of improvement.
then I found MWF and my world began to change, then I discovered the Moss Scuttle.
As my fave was a total wreck there is no way I can face lather as I have extremely dry and sensitive skin.
I relearned how to make a workable lather and with the moss scuttle keeping everything warm, the lather literally began climbing out of the scuttle in a similar manner to bread dough in the mixer. The resulting lather provides super protection while shaving and allows for an extremely close and comfortable shave. Everything Wendell says about MWF is true except the part of being best only with face lathering, which is not an option for me due to my skin type. Also as Wendell says use the left over brush squeezings to wash and moisturize your face. There is not enough good that can be said about a properly lathered and warmed MWF shave. Every Face deserves a good shave.
Moss Scuttle Cobalt Blue
Franks Silver Tip (26mm/50mm)
Mitichell's Wool Fat
Persona Lab Blue
Razorock Stainless Steel Slant
Edwin Jagger Alovera
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Moss Scuttle & MWF

Post by drmoss_ca »

I'm glad the scuttle works for you!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

drmoss_ca wrote:I'm glad the scuttle works for you!

Chris
+1 -- and just as happy that your pairing MWF with it ..... many happy shaves to come!!
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

jww wrote:
drmoss_ca wrote:I'm glad the scuttle works for you!

Chris
+1 -- and just as happy that your pairing MWF with it ..... many happy shaves to come!!
+2
Happy it works for you!
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

Me thinks that Chris exhibits gross modesty in this thread.

Buzz
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

M6Classic wrote:Me thinks that Chris exhibits gross modesty in this thread.

Buzz
Agreed.

To paraphrase a movie quote: 'The Moss Scuttle, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively have to shave every whisker with warm moist lather, accept no substitute'.

Chris