Would this be weird

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
brothers

Would this be weird

Post by brothers »

A while back I wanted to shave in the evening for only one reason, to test a new - to me - razor I had been waiting for. Didn't really plan to shave, I do that every morning, but this particular time I only did it for fun. It was only one pass. I called it a joy shave (reference: a joy ride is when you jump in the car and take off. For fun, not to get anywhere, just for the joy of the experience.) That describes why I shaved with that razor that day. I just might start taking a joy shave whenever I want to. How about you guys?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Re: Would this be weird

Post by ShadowsDad »

I can't do a one pass shave. It's just a waste of time for me.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

In various cultures, men shave when they get home from work or before dinner. This way they are well groomed for their social lives and a bit scruffy at work. Whatever makes you happy.

Buzz
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

No, I don't vary my shaving routine which has been fixed for years.
Regards,
Squire
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I shave when I feel like it ....... never more than once a day. Sometimes in the evening, sometimes in the morning, sometimes mid-day, sometimes late afternoon. Mostly, I am a morning shaver though. ymmv.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
pausted

Post by pausted »

I shave almost every morning. Probably haven't shaved in the evening more than a couple of times in the past two years. I prefer to shower in the morning so a shave goes with the routine. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)
Best regards,

Basil
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

jww wrote:I shave when I feel like it ....... never more than once a day. Sometimes in the evening, sometimes in the morning, sometimes mid-day, sometimes late afternoon. Mostly, I am a morning shaver though. ymmv.
For the most part this is me as well. I find that shaving in the early morning is always best for me. My skin seems to like it better than if I wait until some time after 7 AM. I don't know why. I speculate because that's what I've done for years but who knows.

Never felt the need to shave more often.

Chris
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

My skin is pretty delicate, so I only shave three times a week and my skin needs the recovery time. I don't throw in any extra shaves for fun because it would be a setback for me. I see no reason why someone couldn't do this if it suited him.

- Murray
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

ditto on the wendell routine :D

for a long time i was a late afternoon / early evening shaver and then for some reason i switched to the morning, however lately Ive found myself gravitating back to the late afternoon. There is something 'nice' about pillowcasing with a clean face haha

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
BiffBuff

Post by BiffBuff »

I don't find it in the least weird. I shave when the mood takes me, mostly. Sometimes I'm forced to grab a quick shave when the opportunity presents itself. I shave twice in a day sometimes, again, if the mood takes me.

I can shave twice a day if I choose -- my whiskers will grow to a shaveable length in twelve hours. I am, however, just as likely to skip a day shaving for no more reason than mood. I enjoy shaving and consider it a highlight of my day. I remember reading a post awhile ago linking shaving and meditation. Well, that's me -- I really find that shaving is my meditation time. I relish the fact that there is a part of my day that is wholly given over to me time.

As a poster on another site puts it, "the world must stop and hold it's breath. I'm shaving and when I decide I'm ready, I'm Ready"
disengage
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I am a bbs fanatic so I do it after showers when the beard is thoroughly softened. I sometimes dry shave the stubble on my jaw because it's there and no where else in the afternoon.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

In my case, the shave is closer and smoother, better overall, if I shave after the morning shower. I'm pretty sure it is a result of the obvious fact that the whiskers are waterlogged.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
mrscruff

Post by mrscruff »

I just dont like the feeling of the left over stubble of a one pass !! :(
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

I shave normally in the mornings. I have been known to...when I have a social event in the evening...shave in the evening. I simply cannot shave right before bed like some do. My beard grows to fast and is too dark for it. By 10am the next day...it would be a complete waste.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
flintlock

Post by flintlock »

Hi all, I Shave in the afternoon or Evening. No time in the morning to enjoy a NICE Shave.

Anthony