FDA to crack down on home based soap makers

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
brothers

FDA to crack down on home based soap makers

Post by brothers »

http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/fda-to ... ap-makers/

Artisanal soap makers say new regulations, proposed by Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California) and Senator Susan Collins (R-Maine), will put them out of business.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Re: FDA to crack down on home based soap makers

Post by ShadowsDad »

Collins is an embarrassment to our state and I've told her that. This is just more of the same.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

I've been making my own cold process soap for years...This is corporate funded fascism...
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

I am particularly incensed that a Senator from a party professing to concern itself about encouraging small business investment would co-sponsor
legislation which would lead to this bogus witch hunt. Partisan politics aside (sorry), when will common sense ever prevail in our government?

Anyone know what specific "dangerous" ingredients the Europeans have managed to ban are being considered for exclusion from U.S.-made products?

Really frosts me!!
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
Rufust445

Post by Rufust445 »

malocchio wrote:I've been making my own cold process soap for years...This is corporate funded fascism...
"We have the best government that money can buy." -- Mark Twain
Raze R. Blade

Post by Raze R. Blade »

ShadowsDad wrote:Collins is an embarrassment to our state and I've told her that. This is just more of the same.
And Sen. Feinstein is an embarrassment to our state. Apparently the two have nothing better to do than suppressing private enterprise. Shouldn't they be encouraging small businesses instead? My take is that it is government's role to foster private enterprise rather than stifle it.
Raze R. Blade

Post by Raze R. Blade »

JRTASTER wrote:Anyone know what specific "dangerous" ingredients the Europeans have managed to ban are being considered for exclusion from U.S.-made products?
Tallow, lanolin, olive oil, coconut oil, palm kernel oil, glycerin, lye, fragrance of any sort, rhassoul and kaolin clays, and any other elements or molecules found in the known universe.
Really frosts me!!
Menthol is also on the banned list because it begins with an 'M'. Safety razors and straights are also banned, as are eating, drinking and breathing.

Proposing brain-dead and counterproductive legislation, on the other hand, is still permitted.

;)