Time of the day to shave

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Dunnj2983

Time of the day to shave

Post by Dunnj2983 »

I'm serving in the Army National Guard. I've always been told to shave in the mirning but today I looked up server hygiene regulations and none of them specify a time of day that males have to shave. Just to do it everyday. Anyone else know if a time is set in stone?
CMur12

Re: Time of the day to shave

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome to SMF and thank you, on this Memorial Day especially, for your service to our country.

Sorry I can't offer you any insight into National Guard regulations, but I'm glad you have joined us.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

Trying to think back . . . I'd suggest you might ask your unit/squad/platoon, etc. leader if the timing is mandatory. Obviously, you won't make it an issue, considering your circumstances. :) Hey, Welcome to SMF. If you get time, post and let us know the outcome.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Welcome aboard Dunn. The Regs don't specify time of day but morning before you see anyone is best. Has to do with soldierly appearance, respect for the uniform, that sort of thing.
Regards,
Squire
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Squire wrote:Welcome aboard Dunn. The Regs don't specify time of day but morning before you see anyone is best. Has to do with soldierly appearance, respect for the uniform, that sort of thing.
And not wanting to be on punishment detail. :mrgreen: Our training sergeant would drag the back of his index finger up the side of our faces at morning parade to see if you'd shaved that morning. He had a very sensitive finger and could pick off those who hadn't shaved with no problem. I don't recall seeing anything in Queen's Regulations specifying when one had to shave, but I was not about to point this out to Staff Sergeant Clark as he marched me off to punishment detail. I learned my lesson very well when I told him a rifle had a foreskin instead of foresight. [-X
Bryan
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Rufus wrote:
Squire wrote:Welcome aboard Dunn. The Regs don't specify time of day but morning before you see anyone is best. Has to do with soldierly appearance, respect for the uniform, that sort of thing.
And not wanting to be on punishment detail. :mrgreen: Our training sergeant would drag the back of his index finger up the side of our faces at morning parade to see if you'd shaved that morning. He had a very sensitive finger and could pick off those who hadn't shaved with no problem. I don't recall seeing anything in Queen's Regulations specifying when one had to shave, but I was not about to point this out to Staff Sergeant Clark as he marched me off to punishment detail. I learned my lesson very well when I told him a rifle had a foreskin instead of foresight. [-X
That was truly a Freudian slip! 8)

- Murray
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Welcome to SMF.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

We were taught, "this is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for war, the other for fun".
Regards,
Squire
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Squire wrote:We were taught, "this is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for war, the other for fun".
We were taught the same thing. Perhaps my confusion over this caused my slip of tongue over the rifle's foresight. :mrgreen:
Bryan
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

Rufus wrote:
Quite difficult, or at least dangerous, to line up the rear sight with the foreskin, I'd imagine!
Regards,
Mike
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Quite true Mike but odd things occur when the targets are armed and shooting back.
Regards,
Squire