Here it is, the ShaveMyFace II brush

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Predictable? I wish.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Gary, Yes, these SMF brush projects were a great deal of work and grief for whoever wound up being the 'point man' for them. With the SMF I brush everyone was going positively crackers because their paid for brushes were not arriving. Turned out that most of them were tied up for weeks in Memphis by customs and, believe it or not, the fish and wildlife people. It was a madhouse on the forum during this period...personally I stayed away from the Brushes section for a couple of weeks it was so wacked out. The last one, the SMF III went the smoothest. Johnnie was again the 'point man' and the brush was specially made for us by Rooney. But even with no major glitches it was still a lot of work. Having another one done has been brought up periodically by various members but the long and short of it is that none of the mods. or admins. have the willingness to pilot a project like that through these days.
Regards,
Gordon
brothers

Post by brothers »

It makes sense that the one who's providing the limited edition product and getting paid would be the best choice to take on the project. Another consideration would be to "save money", which is obviously the most lame reason. Placing an order in bulk, then imposing upon one hapless participant to receive the single shipment from the maker while simultaneously trying to collect everyone's money to pay for the product, then pack and mail all of the items to the individual buyers would be a hellish inconvenience.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Yea, I never use my SMF II brush; it's too good to use. Guess I don't want the wood to go bad or something..........
On the off topic, I wonder what happened to Johnnie?
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
mike

Post by mike »

I use my SMF 1 quite often. It has held up well. Still looks new. I too wonder what happened to Johnnie.
Mike

~ Beati Pacifici~
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Wood is just a bad, bad, terrible choice for a brush handle. They look great, but sooner or later water wins the battle.
Richard
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Your're correct Richard and in the spirit of public service any member who sends me one of those undesirable wooden handle SMF brushes will receive in exchange a $25 gift certificate to their vendor of choice.
Regards,
Squire
javyn

Post by javyn »

I only have the II. I have used it only a handfull of times, I fear for the olive wood handle. Even coated it twice for protection.

I am envious of the people who got the SMF I. The Cocobolo handle makes for an absolutely gorgeous brush.

edit: A quick google search, http://www.joeswoodstuff.com/shavingbrushes.htm

At one point had some hand made cocobolos for sale. They look pretty nice, I sent him an email.
John
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Bruno, Johnnie now also inhabits that other parallel reality where Vince resides. They are cousins I believe.
Regards,
Gordon
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

Have I, II & III - use them occasionally with I being my absolute favourite...
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

bernards66 wrote:Bruno, Johnnie now also inhabits that other parallel reality where Vince resides. They are cousins I believe.
Regards,
Gordon
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Gordon, yea, it's a treat when Vince posts. :wink:
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

I have used my III every day since I got it for Christmas that year. Love it!