Oh, yeah, how long will this last . . .

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
brothers

Oh, yeah, how long will this last . . .

Post by brothers »

This morning I decided that I've got all of the shaving-related hardward and software I'll ever need. Too much of some stuff, some of which I should work on using up, and other stuff that should go to other places where they'd be used as opposed to not being used by me. Maybe I'm experiencing some kind of cruel manic depressive fit or something. :D Considering how much I seem to get an adrenaline kick from getting a package, on the other side of the coin, there seems to be great satisfaction in packaging stuff and taking it to the post office. I'd sure like to turn the corner on this issue. Maybe I should take a nap or something.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
slackskin

Re: Oh, yeah, how long will this last . . .

Post by slackskin »

All Naps are good, by definition.
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Naps are good, and you've gotten to my products, so yes it's probably time to slack off a bit. :-)

Sorry, but I thought that was humorous.

Gary as you probably know, I've slacked off on new stuff quite some time ago. My shaves and facial skin simply can't get better. Once I realized that I stopped acquiring. That doesn't mean I'm not tempted though. Let's face it the human condition is to look for something better, and the grass is always greener over yonder. Go over yonder or stay where you are, but I bet nothing will change but your level of curiosity after you get there. You need to do what you need to do.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Well, Gary, YMMV applies here as well.

I spent a LOT of money my first two or three years here, buying new razors, brushes, blades, and soaps in a wild spree of experimentation. After that, I spent a lot of money hoarding a lifetime supply of favored soaps and blades. Now I buy very little. Occasionally, something looks interesting enough that I'll give it a try.

I no longer try to keep up with all the new soaps and blades. I have a lifetime supply of both that have proven themselves to me, so I'm standing pat for the most part. I rarely try new razors as the trend appears to be towards more aggressive versions. Within the last year or two, I finally bought a Mergress, and it is my favorite razor. I just picked up a couple of Schick Kronas, which are also really good. I would be fine from here on out with just the Mergress and a Krona.

I already have too many brushes in badger and boar (favorites by Semogue), but I would like to try a latest-generation synthetic silvertip brush. To my frustration, I haven't been able to find one with a fan-shaped loft (I really dislike bulb-shaped brushes and they appear to be taking over!).

- Murray