Hoarders Anonymous

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
brothers

Hoarders Anonymous

Post by brothers »

If they don't already have it they should invent it and call it "hoarder's remorse and revenge" (HR&R). The cold turkey cure is almost as much fun as the disease. Just flat stop buying (trading and getting gifts is ok) and plan every day for the time it's all gone. Odds are it'll never come, but the image of using the last little bit of Barbasol aerosol foam from that old can in the back of the cabinet and being totally out of shaving cream is exquisite.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Re: Hoarders Anonymous

Post by pausted »

Gary, i just used Proraso Blue cream for the first time this morning and got a great shave. Now I have about 15 shaving creams that all work just fine but I'm already thinking about how many tubes of Proraso Blue I should stockpile! I have the disease.
Best regards,

Basil
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I prefer to think of it as being enlightened.
Regards,
Squire
BiffBuff

Post by BiffBuff »

Oh yeah -- I thought I had it beat. Enough is enough -- apparently (like Dudley Moore in ARTHUR) I want more than enough!

Just bought several DE razors -- two of which are duplicates of razors I already have! I see a new soap and immediately salivate like Pavlov's dog. I think brothers thread is a good way to start trying to utilize (and use up) the consumables I've already bought, and quit buying things I don't really need at all -- visualize empty tubes and shave sticks reduced to a sliver.

It's the same old song I've sung before -- I can't bring myself to sell any of my excess hardware, but I've given away a couple of DE razors that didn't enchant me and some packs of blades & etc. I think, in my case, a moratorium on buying is overdue.

-------------------------------------------Update October 22, 2015

Just bought 3 new soaps -- WSP T Formula with tallow. I am delighted with the soaps (especially MAHOGANY), but slightly appalled with myself and my spineless lack of willpower!
disengage