DE switch progress almost 4 month update

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
mrjediconsular

DE switch progress almost 4 month update

Post by mrjediconsular »

so since i haven't posted for a while i thought i would give a update how things were going. so i switched to DE shaving in September of this year from using cartride razors and before that electric shavers. I had a rocky start with my technique but so far i'm getting better at it :D . I'm on my last derby blade so haven't made a big dent in my sample pack, since using derby i have seen less blood because the dorco blades kept slice me instead of my beard :x (i might come back to them later to give them one more try).i still have bought the cream yet because i'm still trying to finish up my canned goo(i hate wasting money).i had a few medical things happen to me that held me back money wise so still haven't gotten a brush :roll:. so thanks to everyone that help me and thanks for your patience with me during my learning. :D
Jordan
CMur12

Re: DE switch progress almost 4 month update

Post by CMur12 »

Congratulations! Glad to hear that you are feeling more comfortable with DE shaving.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

It's good to hear that you're making progress. =D>
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Glad to hear that you're hanging in there!

I feel certain that your shaves will get MUCH better when you start to make your own lather. You can make much better lather than what poops out of the can.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

I'm not sure how literally one of your comments was made. If a blade scrapes you or pulls at your beard, it may be the blade's fault. But if a blade truly slices you, then it was either the fault of the razor-head's design, or a case of "pilot error". :)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Good to see you're making progress. I am mindful that most cuts or scrapes from a DE razor are due to shaving too fast or with too much pressure. Of course cartridge razors are used in a different way, sorta like the difference between a tennis serve and a golf drive, we trying to accomplish much the same thing with both, which is to drive the ball, but a hard overhand whack is different from a deliberate, thoughtful, timed swing.

DE razors work best at a slower pace but the results are worth the effort.
Regards,
Squire