P&G sues Dollar Shave Club

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
GA Russell

P&G sues Dollar Shave Club

Post by GA Russell »

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere here. If it has already been discussed, the mods are welcome to delete this.

P&G (which is to say, Gillette) is suing Dollar Shave Club, claiming that their patents are being infringed.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Gillette+ ... &efirst=21
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
CMur12

Re: P&G sues Dollar Shave Club

Post by CMur12 »

It figures. I hope the Dollar Shave Club survives this, but it sounds like P&G would really like to put them out of business.

- Murray
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

The way i read some of the press is that poor gillette spends hundreds of millions, takes massive hits on their hardware (razor) and is therefore free of any moral obligation not to charge excessive amounts for their blades. And I feel very very badly for the like of dorco and their resellers, but at the very end of the day, gents continue pay gillette when they could very easily pay bullgoose for pack of blades instead! As long as these said gents continue to vote for gillette with their wallets, gillette will have no reason to stop raping them at the register.

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Hear, hear, you can't rape the willing.
Regards,
Squire
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

if someone isn't smart enough, or able enough, to put together the fact of a 12 dollar entry handle/razor cartridge kit, plus 25 for a 4 pack of replacement cartridges. Its still being raped by a large company.

every cartridge razor can be sued as a patent infringement.
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

Squire wrote:Hear, hear, you can't rape the willing.
The difference between rape and seduction is salesmanship.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

nicodemus38 wrote: . . . . every cartridge razor can be sued as a patent infringement.
Not really, there must be a provable infringement for a suit to succeed.

Isn't Dollar Shave Club simply a retailer of goods rather than a manufacturer? One would think P&G would go after the actual maker though I can see how it would be easier to sue a guy in California rather than a Chinese company.
Regards,
Squire
Just Looking

Post by Just Looking »

Looks like Harry's manufactures their own product.

There is another video out there that does provide more detail regarding the manufacturing end of things... can't seem to find it at the moment.
The one below gives a little insight though.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/b/ ... 5099fc334c
brothers

Post by brothers »

I believe (should say, I hope) the DSC is sophisticated and probably have legal counsel planning multiple ways to look P&G in the eye and countersue with a vengeance.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

it will be settled out of court. the whole patent infringement type case is always won by the person with the most lawyers and money. Its in the patent paperwork for defending a patent.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

nicodemus38 wrote: . . . . case is always won by the person with the most lawyers and money. . . .
As God obviously intended. Of course, in an imperfect World, common jurors are surprisingly unimpressed by large money and sharp tongued lawyers.
Regards,
Squire