Shaving and public opinion

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
nicodemus38

Shaving and public opinion

Post by nicodemus38 »

Allot of people think its funny I say shaving and vintage razors is a hobby of mine. They have gotten over that for the most part but... heres funny from there end of it.

They think its harder to use a DE razor, I don't know why that is. For some reason they think its going to be harder to shave that way.

The soap is the funniest part of it. Everyone I talk to always assumes I use something in a can. EVERYONE. Its funny that everyone CAN get over I use a DE razor, but CANT get over that I don't use foams or gels from a can.

Its like the following basic program

10 type "Do you use foam or gel in a can?"
20 type "why not?"
30 go to 10
CMur12

Re: Shaving and public opinion

Post by CMur12 »

Hi Nic -

It definitely is more difficult to use a DE razor than a cartridge model. A DE razor requires skill to manage blade angle and pressure competently, and I have found that the longer I do it the better I get at it. A cartridge razor requires virtually no skill to get a good shave.

I'll agree that it is hard for most people to imagine anyone using a brush and shaving soap, or that shaving could be a hobby.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

One of the most interesting and least expensive hobbies I've ever had.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I'm into wet shaving, collecting vintage and modern fountain pens and fencing. Most of my friends and acquaintances find at least one of these activities peculiar or can't understand why I would be interested in any of them. But so what; I can't understand what people see in American football, fantasy sports or gambling, just to name a few things. Live and let live; each to his own. Essentially, so what.
Bryan
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

It's legal activity and cheaper than floozies.
Regards,
Squire
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

well i don't know about the cost of floozies today but back in college, I knew quite a few cheap floozies that would let strange men they picked on the street do weird unnatural things to them for a 4 pack of wine coolers.
That's a lot cheaper then a package of replacement cartridges.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

There are some cheap floozies? I gotta get out more.
Regards,
Squire