In the shower . . . .

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
brothers

In the shower . . . .

Post by brothers »

first time I ever thought about doing it that way - shaving, I mean . . .

beard prep: water and Clubman shampoo - as slick as anything else I ever shaved with
brush?: uh, no?
razor: Noxzema disposable with twin Kai blades

seems quite unnatural and unnecessary. no point to it that I can see. I had to stop the shower, turn off the water, and shave by feel. results were just the same as if I had been standing at the counter. For those who do it and like it, I congratulate you and wish you full speed ahead. It's your thing, do what you want to do! :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Re: In the shower . . . .

Post by ShadowsDad »

Gary, it never made any sense to me either, but I'm quite near sighted and I don't wear my glasses in the shower.

Like you I wish well to those folks who can and do.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

When I shaved in the shower with shampoo for lather and a twin-bladed cartridge razor, I just did it by feel, very quickly, with the luxury of having the water beating on my back, loosening up my shoulders. It was much quicker than showering and shaving separately.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

I didn't notice if any time was saved, but during the break in the shower-related process, it felt like I was stopping the assembly line so I could grab a cup of coffee and a donut when the foreman wasn't watching. Resuming the shower where I left off was somewhat of a distraction. I know the shower time was actually extended by the shave. I also concede the obvious, the post-shower routine was definitely shortened by the fact I didn't have to shave. Maybe the total time elapsed was the same either way?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444