oily, greasy, and moist skin

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
lunfardi

oily, greasy, and moist skin

Post by lunfardi »

i went to see my dermatologist just recently and told him that a soap that he prescribed for washing my face a couple of hours after i shave because my face gets all oily, moist, and greasy wasnt working and what he told me was that he would want to run some tests to see my body fat and maybe give me some oral pills/tablets to control this oil, grease, moisture on my face after i shave several hours after. what might he be referring to when he said that he might prescribe oral medication to control the moisture and other skin conditions on my face several hours after i shave????? would any of you guys know what hes talking about when he made reference to something taken orally to control this on my facial skin after shaving? can anyone please tell me. thank you.
nicodemus38

Re: oily, greasy, and moist skin

Post by nicodemus38 »

Your doctor is most likely referring to some sort of oral dosage acne medicine.

If your skin is like that, I would suggest you change things around a bit for yourself. I would suggest an endocrinologist as you may have an insulin issue.

Also start using a soap like erasmic stick or cella. THey actually help control my skin greasiness all day long. I don't sweat water. I sweat bacon grease.
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

In a thread titled "Oily Face" posted today on SMF, our member member Brothers stated as follows:

"I wash my face with a washcloth splashed with rubbing alcohol morning noon and night as needed, and it cures the problem. The grease and any surface dirt is removed and the naturally dry and clean skin stays naturally healthy."

I wonder if this could be worth a try in your case? Just a thought.
lunfardi

Post by lunfardi »

dont you think that if i had an insulin issue i would be a diabetic? rsvp.
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

slackskin wrote:In a thread titled "Oily Face" posted today on SMF, our member member Brothers stated as follows:

"I wash my face with a washcloth splashed with rubbing alcohol morning noon and night as needed, and it cures the problem. The grease and any surface dirt is removed and the naturally dry and clean skin stays naturally healthy."

I wonder if this could be worth a try in your case? Just a thought.
Gary was giving this advice to me. It does not keep the face from getting greasy. But it is great for removing the oil and getting back to good and clean.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Or you could just wash your face which is what I do.
Regards,
Squire
eieigoto

Post by eieigoto »

getting back to good and clean.
คาสิโนออนไลน์