2016 Seattle Shave Convention

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Mattcb

2016 Seattle Shave Convention

Post by Mattcb »

Just wanted to touch base and spread the word about the 2016 Seattle meetup. The meetup will be Sept 17th at the Washington State Convention Center. This allows more room to spread out and has allowed me to set up a few different areas:

Vendor area: So far we have 5 vendors who will be present to showcase thier wares (6th is in the works)

Dedicated demonstration / instructional area: Have an area set aside for straight razor honing. This will include a USB microscope and a laptop screen to look at edges.

Raffle and Promo Table Starting to get in some items for the yearly raffle and have some really cool swag lined up from event sponsors

Discussion / Seminar area
- There will be a talk by Gareth of Rockwell Razors on his experience with crowdfunding and how he sees it affecting the wet shaving marketplace.
- A Round Table discussion about the current state of wet shaving and where it might be going in the next few years.

General area to rest your feet or swap goodies with your new friends.

Things are picking up steam and I expect a lot of updates in the last month or so before the meetup. I hope to see some of you there! You can get an idea of last years meet in theviewtopic.php?f=2&t=54731 and get more info on this years meetup at http://www.seattleshavecon.com.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions, hope to see you there!