Home Page | Gallery | PM Inbox | Forum Index  

Question for you old farts and retirees?

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.

Re: Question for you old farts and retirees?

Postby celar36 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:28 pm

drmoss_ca wrote:I have a wife. Doesn't matter about retirement: she requires me to be shaved.

C.

+1 here. My wife will not touch me if my face is not clean shaven. Furthermore, I was always taught that real man shave

On top my work requires suit, polished shoes and clean shaven face. London live
Jack
celar36

Re: Question for you old farts and retirees?

Postby Martin_TO » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:31 pm

I am getting close to the old fart age. I asked my Italian Barber, Sam, about shaving and he said the only time you shouldn't shave is when you are "dead" otherwise you should shave.

For him it was a discipline that meant you still cared about the whole "routine" of living......sorry to be philosophical. This is a guy who was a barber for 64 years who came from Italy and never owned shoes until he was a teenager. I listen to him as my troubles seem pretty small. His favorite meal was a sandwich made with slices of raw horsemeat which he said gave him energy. Seriously, I''ve eaten duck tongues and bugs are not a problem eithger but that was way over the top.

The other thing he taught me was that with age WISDOM does not come. Listen to young people as their brain engines are still firing on all cyclinders.

Therefore, Shave everyday even if it's just to kill time. :D
Martin_TO

Previous

Return to General