What's your combo??

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
desertbadger

Re: What's your combo??

Post by desertbadger »

+2
Regards,
David
Modern Ancient

Post by Modern Ancient »

I lather the right side of my face, then, switch hands, and, lather the left side, of my face, with my left-hand. I shave right side, then, left side, then, right side, of neck, and, then, left side, of neck. Next, onto the moustache, and, chin area. I switch hands, each time, I switch sides.
brothers

Post by brothers »

brothers wrote:Clive, caused me to think . . .

I'm right handed.

When starting the face-lathering, I start with the brush on the left moving it to the right side.
First pass, the razor starts on the far left side moving down and to the right.
Second pass, the razor starts on the far right, moving down and to the left.
Third pass, the razor starts on the bottom, moving upward.
It's been almost a year since I gave up the 3 pass shave, and my routine has changed, hopefully for the better. Anyway I like it.

The brush/lather process begins on the right side of my face.
First and only shaving pass begins under the right ear, going against the grain until the whole face has been covered. Adding a splash of water, I smooth and touch up as needed, then I'm finished. Getting my best shaves ever on a daily basis.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Modern Ancient wrote:I lather the right side of my face, then, switch hands, and, lather the left side, of my face, with my left-hand. I shave right side, then, left side, then, right side, of neck, and, then, left side, of neck. Next, onto the moustache, and, chin area. I switch hands, each time, I switch sides.
That's a lot of switching hands! Are you ambidextrous?

I'm right-handed, though I do a small part of the shave, that is too awkward with the right hand, with my left.

- Murray
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I guess I'm ambidextrous because I can shave with one hand while drinking with the other.
Regards,
Squire
Frankyv08

Post by Frankyv08 »

Rufus wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:11 pm I'm right handed too, but I only face lather. I start to lather on my throat and then move across my neck from right to left. Next I move up to the right side of my face, then across my chin and then to the left side of my face and finally across my upper lip LINK REMOVED. I start shaving on the right side of my face and neck and the over to the left side of my face and neck, then do my chin and finally my upper lip. It took me a while to visualise all this, but as with any habit it eventually came to me.
Muy original como te afeitas. En cualquier caso, me quedo en el clásico.

Classic spammer, he means.
John Rose

Post by John Rose »

I'm right-handed.
Set up bluetooth speaker - both hands
Lather face left to right.
Lather neck left to right.
Shave face first (for each pass). *
Shave neck last (for each pass).

* For the first year and a half, just before I'd start shaving in front of my left ear, I'd think of that movie "The Hundred-Foot Journey", starring Helen Mirren and Manish Dayal. The plot is "The Kadam family leaves India for France where they open a restaurant directly across the road from Madame Mallory's Michelin-starred eatery."
Absolutely nothing about shaving in it, yet I would briefly think about it every time, and never until I start the first downward stroke below my left sideburn. No particular part of the movie either. :-s
"If this isn't nice, then what is?" - Kurt Vonnegut's Uncle Alex