For the Star Trek fans

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Gene

For the Star Trek fans

Post by Gene »

An interesting tidbit at Amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/City-Edge-Foreve ... bemailc-20

City on the Edge of Forever is claimed (by many) to be the best Star Trek episode ever. I think I might like others more (Amok Time is high on my list), but this is a very good episode.

I read that they could easily have made this into a full motion picture ... they had more than enough material in the book, and they had almost 2 hours of footage after they shot the TV show.

I picked it up - for $2.00 I say why not.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
ShadowsDad

Re: For the Star Trek fans

Post by ShadowsDad »

It was a good one, but it was one among many. I still enjoy the original ST, and I watched them as a teen when they first aired. I don't have a favorite but favorites, unfortunately I don't know their titles.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Drakhtul

Post by Drakhtul »

I watched ST 2 or 3 times i guess. 1st time when i was really young. For $2.00? That's nice, now it's 10, i guess i will wait till some promo.
nie.
Gene

Post by Gene »

The first part of this "book" is a rather lengthy rant by the original author. His original story then follows. His original idea, which is nice, bears little resemblance to the episode that aired.

There are also several scripts that follow that original story - each being based on the original story, but all different from each other ... and still none that match what was aired.

From what I can gather in the authors forward there were quite a few scripts that were generated based on the original story, penned by different Star Trek principles ... from Gene Roddenberry to Gene Coon and others.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
eieigoto

Post by eieigoto »

i guess i will wait till some promo.
royal1688