For the Old Timers: Best Value* Wet Shaving Products?

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Janus

Re: For the Old Timers: Best Value* Wet Shaving Products?

Post by Janus »

mantic wrote:
Janus wrote:...Cella colognes, lavender in particular, would also get my vote, if only they fixed the leaking caps.
Huh. Didn't kow Cella made colognes. :oops:
They do, and recently an aftershave, as well (a Knize Forest sort of scent, IMO).

http://www.giftsandcare.com/en/35_cella-milano
Janus
Just Looking

Post by Just Looking »

The Arko shave stick is an amazing value. It took a while for me to warm up to it as I wasn't a big fan of the scent. The positive reviews I kept hearing about convinced me to give it another go. Once I was able to get the lather right, I understood the appeal. The stick provides me with a consistently superior lather.

Taylor's, Avocado. One of the first 'proper' creams I bought. This one is based on performance and scent. More of an all-rounder.

EJ DE89. My favorite razor. I have not found a razor that is more comfortable to use. The reasonable price is a bonus.

AV After Shave is great stuff. I use the blue and the Canadian green version.

I find your videos to be a great wet shaving product as well. Wouldn't have known how to make a decent lather when I was first starting out 10 years back. I still recommend them to anyone who shows interest in the hobby.

Wayne
robin00

Post by robin00 »

The price of a safety razor is so cheap. The average price of a safety razor is about $25 and this price is the one-time investment. Because the best safety razor can use for the lifetime. You only need to change the blades and the blades are also so cheap.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome to SMF, robin00!

- Murray
i_shaved_something

Post by i_shaved_something »

Vulfix #374 Super Badger brush!
I still have a few Rooney's and Simpsons, but I end up using the Vulfix more often.
I was tired of spending alot of time in the AM soaking and lathering then cleaning the bigger,denser brushes, was looking for smaller to use more quickly.
The Vulfix fits the bill perfect, just the right amount of density to get the job done but not overkill, and it's smaller knot seems to make it less floppy than other bigger Vulfixes I've tried.
If I had to pick one brush that may be the one, the others are relegated to the weekends now. Plus it's a great looking classic design and the handle size and shape are perfect.

And, at about $40 or less, a great value!
Rob
Martin_TO

Post by Martin_TO »

Sadly, after hoarding all those fancy European Shaving Creams and Hard Soaps I needed something that I could use quickly with a nice Brush in the shower for a quick shave. Owner of a Health Food Store told me about Kiss My Face (Shave Lotion in Pump Bottle/Unscented) and I snickered that I needed something to use with a brush and he said "I use it with a brush" and I laid out my $9.99 and it's still amazing. Give your brush a good soaking and then pump the KMF out 1 to 1.5 squirts on the top of the bristles and work up the lather directly on your face. I find the softer bristles on Rooney Finest build up a soft cappucino foam (my preference) but if you use a denser stiffer brush like a Boar or Simpson Super badger the foam gets pretty stiff.

The stuff would work even better if they charged more for it and put it in a box with a fancy name :lol: