And here we are ---

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Ouchmychin

Re: And here we are ---

Post by Ouchmychin »

I still use the monster synthetic you mentioned quit a while ago when I wet shave. I don't recall the maker but it was about 10 bucks.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hi Pete. I really like my Monster that came from Razorock. The really low price makes it all the more fun to use it. That's my backup favorite synthetic brush.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Just 6 months ago I was betting there wasn't a better brush for me than the mesquite burl handle fitted with a Shave Revolution synthetic knot. Thank goodness I eventually became aware of the Tuxedo synthetic. Now you can place a line through that earlier entry and replace it with the Tuxedo synthetic for everyday wonder lather.

Edit: November 15 2019 - I've still got the Tuxedo, but shortly after posting above, the SilkSmoke showed up and has proven to be an even better every day brush for my foreseeable shaving future.
Last edited by brothers on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

I enjoy the daily shave more right now than ever before. Every day.
Why? Simplicity. Pleasure. Economy. Efficiency. Comfort. Consistency. SMF. :)
It's unbelievable that a grouchy guy scolded me for posting about it on a shaving forum =D> . Reminds me of a woman in line for an attraction at Silver Dollar City. She was overheard to say "it really irritates me when somebody tries to make me enjoy myself". Whaaaat?
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

It's unbelievable that a grouchy guy scolded me for posting about it on a shaving forum
say what??? when (and who) did that happen?? Hope it wasnt me HAHAHAHA

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

fallingwickets wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:43 am
It's unbelievable that a grouchy guy scolded me for posting about it on a shaving forum
say what??? when (and who) did that happen?? Hope it wasnt me HAHAHAHA

clive
Clive, the name(s) are irrelevant, but the intent is clear --- reduce posts. For what objective?, I dare not contemplate! :shock:
As for me, I'm posting!!! :D (Why else are we here now?) =D>
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

As for me, I'm posting!!!
57 thumbs up to that idea

clive
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

Going to make an effort to participate more. That will mean more posts. Not sure why someone would want fewer posts but I disagree. I'm going to post as many posts as I want. Unless "Ya'll" tell me to stop. Then I'll do it anyway (Ha!!!)
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Racso_MS wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:24 am Going to make an effort to participate more. That will mean more posts. Not sure why someone would want fewer posts but I disagree. I'm going to post as many posts as I want. Unless "Ya'll" tell me to stop. Then I'll do it anyway (Ha!!!)
Looking forward to your future posts, Oscar.

It will be good to have you back with us.

- Murray
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

I second that, Murray. It’s nice to see a few familiar faces popping up again around here. Hopefully it will help increase the traffic again...

Gareth
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Nice to see you out and about R-O :D

clive
brothers

Post by brothers »

Very few changes since I last posted about two and a half years ago. Now it's about 4 to 5 Seconds of loading the brush on the soap depending on the soap instead of 15 seconds, and my blade preferences have evolved into the Kai original Captain blade and the Schick Proline blade. Seems like a normal effective lifespan of a blade is 30 days or one month. To make it easy on myself I just change blades on the first of the month.
Gary