Posting Has Slowed Down Lately

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Posting Has Slowed Down Lately

Post by drmoss_ca »

I do rather like it when one of these Chicken Little threads appears. Lots of old friends pop up that I haven't seen for a while.

The solution is in your hands, gentlemen. Post more if you want to see more new posts. And, no, I don't have Gordon held hostage in the basement. He gave us an e-mail address but said he never checks it, which is probably true as he never has replied to anything I sent to it. If you live in Tampa you might knock on his office door and ask him to confirm if he is still alive.

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Antique Hoosier

Post by Antique Hoosier »

drmoss_ca wrote:... If you live in Tampa......

C.
I only live a couple of miles from that old codger but ever since he waited to tell me about the Floris Talc on clearance at our local TJ MAXX until there were only 2 dented tins left, I haven't spoken to him.

(Seriously though, Gordon is a legend in the wetshaving world....Maybe come April we will hear from him on his birthday)
Mike
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I just saw that the top thread in shaving soaps and creams was started by Gordon in 2013, and it has posts by several of the active members here. Maybe Gordon still looks the site over and will be stirred into action.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

I can only say : Long life to Shave My face !

This forum has taught me quite a bit about proper wet shaving and love its style and ambiance.Its like being in proper gentlemen club , which I truly enjoy.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Hi Teiste! It's great to see you!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

- Murray
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Speaking of members that I haven't seen lately, is Squire still with us? He used to be our guru on blade sharpness and did scientific tests on them. I hope he is still reading the posts here at least.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Ouchmychin wrote:Speaking of members that I haven't seen lately, is Squire still with us? He used to be our guru on blade sharpness and did scientific tests on them. I hope he is still reading the posts here at least.
I've been wondering the same thing, Pete. :)

- Murray
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Oh yeah, check in just about daily, enjoy the conversation without contributing much.
Regards,
Squire
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

Squire wrote:Oh yeah, check in just about daily, enjoy the conversation without contributing much.
Great to see too are still around Squire. You have already contributed a lot to these forums.
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

At my age it's good to be seen anywhere.
Regards,
Squire
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

I truly have missed the collective genius and personalities gathered here on SMF. It is good to be back.

Except it has reawakened various acquisition disorders that I thought to be gone or at least subsided. :oops:
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I'm so glad I started this thread. I hope some more of the old guard notice it and chime in.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

Ouchmychin wrote:I'm so glad I started this thread. I hope some more of the old guard notice it and chime in.
I am as well, thank you Pete.

Gordon...Gordon...Gordon. I thought it might work to get him to post.

What about Michael (bargepole) too.

There are so many others I remember seeing regularly posting.

Where is Richard (rustyblade)?
~ Tim ~

Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Maybe someone should PM them.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

Ouchmychin wrote:Maybe someone should PM them.
Done and done.

Now we wait.
~ Tim ~

Raze R. Blade

Post by Raze R. Blade »

BPman wrote:Most of the wet shaving "action" today is on other forums that cater to younger whippersnappers and every new "whiz bang" razor. Choice is good. However, the archives here are priceless and a resource for all to peruse.
Most of the wetshaving action has moved to YouTube, Reddit /r/wicked_edge and even retailers websites, which often have tutorials for aspiring wetshavers. Also, this forum does not display on a smartphone as well as some of the newer sites. Even if the lights were to go dark tomorrow, this forum has already served its purpose many times over. That's something to be proud of.
Straight Arrow

Post by Straight Arrow »

My posting here has diminished in concert with my diminished shaving experimentation. After using a multitude of razors, brushes, and soaps in daily rotation for years I have settled into a routine with two or three favorite shaving tools. With the reduced hunger for info about shaving paraphernalia I haven't felt compelled to post or read as often. Still I like to check in from time to time as SMF is unarguably the most gentlemanly and mature shaving forum.
Rich
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I miss the friendly banter that only comes when members are interested in what others have to say and to answer them. I really don't need more shaving products, but when I am out of something I know i'll get the information I need here.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
celar36

Post by celar36 »

This place and people here taught me not only to shave like a men but to be gentleman.

I was 23 years old, when I landed here with zero knowledge.

People here taught everything I know today about wet shaving. I use posts here as reference when I am getting somebody into wet shaving
Jack