Gordon?

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
EL Alamein

Gordon?

Post by EL Alamein »

Anyone heard from Gordon lately? I hope he's doing good. I miss the guy and hope he returns sometime in the near future.

Chris
CMur12

Re: Gordon?

Post by CMur12 »

I don't think anyone has heard from him, Chris. I'm sure he would drop into the Admin/Mods' forum first, if he were to make an appearance, but there has been nothing there. None of the admins or mods have reported hearing from him, either.

His last post was in early 2015.

Hopefully, this absence is evidence that he is leading a fulfilling life with no further need to socialize online.

- Murray
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Murray, thanks. Hopefully he will make appearance and let us know us know how he's getting on.

Chris
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I got to visit with Gordon once, maybe 2014? Charming guy and we met at a deli in Tampa. Went back in 2016 and tried to contact him and did not hear back. Well, we will be going back to see my parents in St. Pete and I would like to take him to Ybor City near Tampa for cigars, bourbon, a Cuban feel, (though I don't smoke) and just hang out
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Sam here's hoping you connect with him again. Cigars and bourbon? Sounds like heaven, enjoy! (even though you don't smoke)

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

EL Alamein wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:35 pm Anyone heard from Gordon lately? I hope he's doing good. I miss the guy and hope he returns sometime in the near future.

Chris
It turns out that Gordon was a member for almost exactly 10 years at the time he decided to move on.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Gary, I know he went through some upheaval in his life and married a younger woman.

I imagine he's pursuing things like a man who married a younger woman would. If so, his distraction is very understood and good on him.

I still hope he returns one day.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

EL Alamein wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:36 pm Gary, I know he went through some upheaval in his life and married a younger woman.

I imagine he's pursuing things like a man who married a younger woman would. If so, his distraction is very understood and good on him.

I still hope he returns one day.

Chris
Right!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444