Seen at a Target in Colorado

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Gene

Seen at a Target in Colorado

Post by Gene »

Greetings to all...

I am on the road this week in Denver. I forgot to change the blade on my injector (really poor shave) - and decided to run in to the Target by my hotel and pick up a disposable for the rest of the week.

There was something new on the shaving aisle - so I got a couple of shots for everyone to see:
IMG_1880.jpg
IMG_1880.jpg (653.35 KiB) Viewed 4339 times
IMG_1881.jpg
IMG_1881.jpg (768.51 KiB) Viewed 4338 times

I had never seen the Bevel stuff before, don't think I ever heard of it frankly. A picture of their founder on one of the boxes is of a young man of African American decent. Maybe relevant or maybe not - don't know. The razor looked interesting. The price - not so much.

I think we all have heard of the Harry's gear. As you can see - a lot of it on the shelf.

As a matter of curiosity - I bought some of the Harry's shave gel. They had a small can of it in their samples bins. Made me think of Edge gel, similar in performance.

BUT - the scent (to me, YMMV) is AWFUL. OMG - I have washed my face twice since I shaved this morning - and one of those was a scrub with a wash cloth. It must be in my pores - I can't get rig of the smell! Gag me with a spoon it's bad!!!

On a separate note - I swear that it was a Target, but imagine my surprise to see that CVS placard in the background of one of my pics.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
CMur12

Re: Seen at a Target in Colorado

Post by CMur12 »

This is news to me, Gene. Thanks for taking the pic.

I haven't seen anything like this in drug stores around here and, like Tim, I'm surprised to see traditional wetshaving products priced this high in a CVS.

- Murray
Gene

Post by Gene »

Morning all,

The brush was badger.

And it was a CVS pharmacy, I guess, but for sure a Target store I was shopping in.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
mrjediconsular

Post by mrjediconsular »

ive heard of bevel before im kinda interested in the razor from reviews i hear its a good shaver
Jordan
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks for the pics. Its nice to see a mainstream store like target pushing wetshaving.....hopefully some of the buyers find their way to smf in search of less smelly shave creams etc :D :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

CVS now operates the Target pharmacy departments. I don't see Harry's or Bevel on the CVS website, though they are both on Target's website.

The idea of the Bevel razor is that a single blade is better for preventing razor bumps. But it uses DE blades. We had a resident expert on the subject, Themba (who hasn't posted in several years, unfortunately), and he concluded that a thicker single blade was the best protection against bumps. He even tried the Durham Duplex razors and other ancient equipment. He once sharpened a wedge blade for me from my old Star razor so I could try it out. Along with a straight razor, he settled on Gem-type and injector razors.