Hello from CA

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
desafetyrazor

Hello from CA

Post by desafetyrazor »

Hello,
Very glad to find this forum. Been wet shaving for about four years now and it has been great both as a hobby and as a way to improve my (previous) electric razor burn.

Just wanted to say hello and looking forward to interacting with y'all

My latest gear is a Merkur 37C slant razor, Rapira Super Stainless blades, Bloc de Osma Alum block, Whipped Dog synthetic brush, Taylor of Old Bond Street cream (going through a sampler at the moment but I have been using Lemon & Lime for a while), Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

My shaves are much better and more pleasurable than before wet shaving, largely thanks to information I've gleaned on the web.

desafetyrazor
CMur12

Re: Hello from CA

Post by CMur12 »

Hello desafetyrazor and welcome to SMF! Glad you found your way here to join us.

- Murray
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

Is "CA" California or Canada?
brothers

Post by brothers »

CMur12 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:28 pm Hello desafetyrazor and welcome to SMF! Glad you found your way here to join us.

- Murray
Same here! =P~
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Post by pausted »

Welcome!
Best regards,

Basil
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

welcome to smf. Curious to know how you ended up with a slant as a your daily razor :)

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
desafetyrazor

Post by desafetyrazor »

fallingwickets wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:57 am welcome to smf. Curious to know how you ended up with a slant as a your daily razor :)

clive
I started with a One Blade butterfly, then went to an Edwin Jagger DE89, then Merkur HD38, then Merkur 37C and Phoenix bakelite slant. All have their merits but I found I liked two piece razors better than three (ie Merkur vs Edwin Jagger) and the 37C slant just gave me the smoothest shaves of all of them. I find the 37C coupled with a Personna lab blue or Rapira Super stainless gives the best results.
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

And from Maine a hearty, Welcome to the forum!
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square