Civetone and Tigers

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
churchilllafemme

Civetone and Tigers

Post by churchilllafemme »

A man-eating tiger was killed in India recently, after allegedly killing 13 people over 2 years and eluding many attempts at capture.

"The break may have come from a surprise source: a bottle of Obsession cologne. Obsession (a popular men’s fragrance in the 1990s by Calvin Klein) contains civetone, a compound originally derived from the scent glands of a civet. In areas where it’s been sprayed, cats take huge sniffs and roll around in it for several minutes. Last month, the Indian rangers squirted some Obsession on bushes here and there, hoping to draw the tiger out. On Friday afternoon, the rangers sprayed some Obsession and tiger urine in an area where she was believed to be hiding."

I have Obsession aftershave in my regular rotation. I guess I should watch out for tigers... and cougars?
_______
John
CMur12

Re: Civetone and Tigers

Post by CMur12 »

I've been telling you guys for years that cologne is bad stuff and NO ONE listens to me! :evil:

Interesting story, John.

- Murray
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

churchilllafemme wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:24 pm ..... I guess I should watch out for tigers... and cougars?
You should be so lucky!
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
adhoc

Post by adhoc »

Thats fascinating! That synthetic civetone they use seem to be at least somewhat decent as Tigers mistakes it for the real deal! ;)
Olle