On the subject of fidelity

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

On the subject of fidelity

Post by fallingwickets »

For the most part I use the same setup every time i shave, but the other day I was going through my shave box and found a tube of coates rose cream. I use a tulip 3 every day and but didn't want to use it with the coates ( you gents understand!!) and so i pulled a custom vulfix to do the lathering work. What a grand shave. Anyway, just thought i would share that with you gents and to say that sometimes a little dalliance is a good thing!

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
churchilllafemme

Re: On the subject of fidelity

Post by churchilllafemme »

I do "one-day stands" with all my gear, using a different brush, soap, razor, and aftershave each day in my 4-week-long rotation, and I feel no guilt at all.
_______
John
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I use a different brush and aftershave every day except when I travel. I don’t change shaving cream until I’ve finished the tube/tub. I use the same razor, a Mach3, every day except when travelling when I use a Sensor.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

A couple of years ago my searching days ended. My fidelity is for comfort and security. Changes I make these days are for sport, and they always bring enjoyment. Changing razors means the General rests a few days each month so I can sharpen and enjoy the straight razors. Twelve brands of soaps and creams are scheduled year-round, never replaced as they inevitably deplete as planned. Prized brushes are quite scarce, and generate some kind of crazy emotional delight whenever they see use. The chosen blades for the General and my sole aftershave splash are in stock beyond the shavepocalypse.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

The chosen blades for the General and my sole aftershave splash are in stock beyond the shavepocalypse.
the best laid plans of mice and men. hope youre right, gary :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
LouisIII

Post by LouisIII »

brothers wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:14 pm A couple of years ago my searching days ended. My fidelity is for comfort and security. Changes I make these days are for sport, and they always bring enjoyment. Changing razors means the General rests a few days each month so I can sharpen and enjoy the straight razors. Twelve brands of soaps and creams are scheduled year-round, never replaced as they inevitably deplete as planned. Prized brushes are quite scarce, and generate some kind of crazy emotional delight whenever they see use. The chosen blades for the General and my sole aftershave splash are in stock beyond the shavepocalypse.
12 soaps a year...thats the kind of fidelity I can support =D>

For me the razor never changes; other stuff seems to organically rotate through a set stockpile.
~ Infusing the irreducibly quotidian with sensual pleasure ~