Interesting article about Trumper and the hairdresser Mr Crisp (including wonderful pictures)

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
adhoc

Interesting article about Trumper and the hairdresser Mr Crisp (including wonderful pictures)

Post by adhoc »

I found this relative new article (2016) about Trumper and the late royal hairdresser Mr Crisp and I don't think I have seen it been posted on here. It's about an auction of some old shaving related memorabilia used by the royal hairdresser, who described in the article, visited Buckingham Palace every two weeks to "trim the hair and beard of His Majesty George the Sixth. Following the king’s death, Queen Elizabeth continued to use the services of Mr. Crisp to cut the hair of Princes Charles, Andrew and Edward until Mr. Crisp’s retirement in 1971".

He was apparently employed at Trumper for 42 years. The article is well worth a read and the pictures including in it are wonderful!

Look at those gorgeous bottles on display!

The sign on the left says:
"FLOREKA
THE NATURAL HAIR FOOD AND DRESSING
SPECIALLY PREPARED BY GEO. F. TRUMPER ONLY OBTAINABLE HERE"

And the sign on the right:
"EUCRIS
THE PERFECT DRESSING FOR THE HAIR IS USED BY H.M. THE KING AND THE DUKE OF GLOUCESTER "

Inside the shop:

The pictures in the article are of higher resolution than those I posted above.
Olle
Bill_K

Re: Interesting article about Trumper and the hairdresser Mr Crisp (including wonderful pictures)

Post by Bill_K »

Thanks Olle. Do you have a link to the article?
Bill
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Interesting article about Trumper and the hairdresser Mr Crisp (including wonderful pictures)

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks Olle. Do you have a link to the article?
ditto :D
de gustibus non est disputandum
adhoc

Post by adhoc »

Olle
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Thanks Olle. That’s a great article, but, then, I’m a Monarchist. Whenever I’m in London I make a point of visiting Trumper’s shop at 9, Curzon St (along with a visit to TOBS on Jermyn St and Harris on Piccadilly)
Bryan
Bill_K

Post by Bill_K »

Thanks Olle!
Bill
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Heart-warming article. Thanks for sharing, Olle.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

Olle, thank you!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444