New shaving goods at Target!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
ichabod
Mackem

Re: New shaving goods at Target!

Post by ichabod »

I think I'm more excited about this than I would admit. Seems like each trip to Target costs at least $100, no matter how llittle you intended to buy. Now it'll be $100 plus some shaving products.
aybond wrote:Hello all. I just got a little bit of an inside scoop. I work for Target and have been informed that they are making several changes to their health and beauty line. "Starting 3/05/2006, Target will sell men's creams and razors by brands such as Proraso and others." That is a quote I recieved at work, not my own. Sorry if this is old news. I had just heard it.

Thought some of you might find it interesting to see what happens.

Allen
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
Hawkish

Post by Hawkish »

I'm definitely excited. My excitement is only tempered by two things.

1, that for some reason my Target(s) won't carry the stuff, and
2, SWMBO will remove one piece of my anatomy for each item that "happens to fall" into the cart. :shock: :lol:

Adam
DEF

Post by DEF »

The local Target manager didn't know anything about this, but he admitted that they don't get much advance info anyway. He suggested I check with corporate for verification, but I don't want to go to that much trouble; I'll just keep my fingers crossed, too.
Doug
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Yes, but will it sell?

Most guys don't know what Proraso is. I walked by Proraso products for a year without buying any before I learned what the good stuff is.
Richard
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

OK, I'm on the phone with Target Corp. even as I type. Proraso shaving creams and razors will stock in all stores between March 8-15....
f308gt4

Post by f308gt4 »

mantic wrote:OK, I'm on the phone with Target Corp. even as I type. Proraso shaving creams and razors will stock in all stores between March 8-15....
Razor's? Proraso makes razors?
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

OK, I'm off the phone with them. Couldn't get much more out of them other than what they had on their internal information network. They'll be stocking shaving creams and razors (no mention of pre/post) starting March 8-15 (depending on region).

Wow.

Just. Effing. Wow. :shock:

--Mark
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Mark, did you ask them about Trumpers? :lol:
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Austin wrote:Mark, did you ask them about Trumpers? :lol:
Well...um...err...no. But the guy on the phone did say they were going to stock over 500 new products. One can hope. :lol:

--Mark
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

What kind of razors, and what are they like?

Nathan
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

I can only hope that they stock the Proraso in tubes and tubs, and not only the canned stuff, which is what I somewhat fear....
John P.
acoldspoon

Post by acoldspoon »

Target pricing on Trumper Violet would be nice.
Cheers,
Peter J
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

JohnP wrote:I can only hope that they stock the Proraso in tubes and tubs, and not only the canned stuff, which is what I somewhat fear....
John P.
Oooo.... Interesting thought. I hadn't even thought of that. I won't hazard a guess one way or the other, but it wouldn't surprise me if your fears were right.

Nathan
aybond

Post by aybond »

Finally got home from work, and I didn't learn anything new, except that the info I got came from corporate. Also they did mention over 500 new products. They had pointed out several of the new women's products, but said "proraso, among others" for the men's products. I am not sure how many new men's products are going to be in stores as Target's demographic is geared towards a 35 year old mother.
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

Somehow I don't see Target stocking anything like Trumper's.
Contributing Member to the Cause
aybond

Post by aybond »

Hehe, I doubt it too. :lol:

Allen
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

JohnP wrote:I can only hope that they stock the Proraso in tubes and tubs, and not only the canned stuff, which is what I somewhat fear....
Ack. I just Googled Proraso for a company homepage and got http://www.proraso.com; at first it refused connection but I get a page now. Its a very basic one-page site, in Italian, with a picture of their products and a "click here to email info@proraso.com" link. That's it. They apparently do have pressurized can shaving creams if the picture is accurate. :shock: I certainly hope that's not what they're going to push. All the other Google links for Proraso products make no mention of the canned stuff. I do see a lot of links for a low-end wetshaving set including a boar brush and Eucalyptus lather cream; some links also show some kind of razor, possibly an Atra or Sensor clone judging by the pictures.

--Mark

[Edited to get the forum software to get the URL right.]
Last edited by mantic on Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GDuss

Post by GDuss »

This is good news as they have been lacking in that area.

Incidentally, I just found Omega products at a local grocery chain here in Portland. The tub is about $5.50 and the tube is $6.99. They have the boar brush also. So hopefully Target carries more than just Proraso.
Greg
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

mantic wrote:They apparently do have pressurized can shaving creams if the picture is accurate.
They definitely make a canned foam.

Nathan

-Edit-

Mark, I think your URL for the Proraso site is off. Hopefully this is correct.
Last edited by JackieMartling on Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

GDuss wrote:This is good news as they have been lacking in that area.

Incidentally, I just found Omega products at a local grocery chain here in Portland. The tub is about $5.50 and the tube is $6.99. They have the boar brush also. So hopefully Target carries more than just Proraso.
What store is this? I hope we have one in Bend, but we don't even have a decent baseball hat store.
Contributing Member to the Cause