March 26 ISD - Crabtree & Evelyn!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.

Your choice for C & E ISD is...

Poll ended at Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:18 am

Sienna
47%
Nomad
6%
Almond
35%
Sandalwood
12%

Total votes: 17

YS

March 26 ISD - Crabtree & Evelyn!

Post by YS »

Gentleman,

Please Join in our Crabtree & Evelyn March 26, 2006 ISD. You will find a great product that is locally available, and reasonably priced.

Make your choice a shaving soap or Shaving cream.

Almond Oil Shave Soap - Shaving Soap contains moisturizing almond oil and produces a fine lather without drying the skin

Sienna Shave Soap - traditional Sienna shave soap is formulated with antioxidant Vitamin E to soothe, comfort and condition the skin.

Nomad Shave Soap – traditional Nomad shave soap - formulated with antioxidant Vitamin E.

Sandalwood Shave Soap -Enriched with vitamin E, our aromatic shave soap softens the beard for a close, comfortable shave.

Almond Shave Cream - Enriched with nourishing almond oil, our shaving cream softens the beard and helps reduce skin irritation.

Sienna Shave Cream - advanced cream formula with vitamin E protects from razor burn and irritation. A masculine blend of leather, spices and herbs

Nomad Shave Soap - formula with vitamin E protects against razor burn and irritation. A refreshing blend of ginger, citron and bamboo.

Sandalwood Shave Cream - advanced cream formula with vitamin E protects from razor burn and irritation. Fragranced with aromatic Sandalwood, prized in India for over 4,000 years.

If you have any comments regarding the product GOOD or BAD we want to hear / learn all about it. Remember that C&E carries a full range of complimenting balm AS and much more.

Please chime in and say – I’m in.

Thank you,

YS
Last edited by YS on Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.

RWA
Big Ren
The Toronto Kid

Post by Big Ren »

YS,

I'm in!! For those who may not know, C & E are very generous in providing free samples of all their shaving creams and other products.

Ren
"What I find ironic is the fact that we can talk wireless to a man on the moon but we can't talk to someone twenty feet away over a hard-wired intercom at a drive-thru!" - Pottydoctor
DEF

Post by DEF »

Since I already regularly use four C/E products, count me very in!

Anyone who has not tried C/E before will be very pleasantly surprised, I think. The Sweet Almond Oil and Sandalwood soaps are winners, and the Sienna fragrance is a classic.

I'll take the opportunity to branch out and try the Sienna cream, myself. Up until now, I've just used the soap.

(By the way -- For creams, the cost per ounce is actually lower with the tubes vs. the glass tubs. Although the tubs let you "buy in bulk," the packaging costs are a great deal higher. On the other hand, the amber tubs are indeed handsome.)
Doug
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Count me in.
kd7kip

Post by kd7kip »

I'm in.

C&E soaps got me started 15 years ago using a creme & brush (along with a crappy Gillette Atra or whatever the Shaving System du jour was back then).

My wife loves it when I use Sienna creme, and then apply the Sienna cologne-- it's probably responsible for at least 3 of my children.

I may need to try another scent from C&E (or get a larger house)

-Scott
Dumb as a stump and twice as ugly...
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

I'm in too..

Lets see, what shall it be for me...the sandalwood shave soap, shave cream or the almond oil shave cream...

Decisions
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
JeffS

Post by JeffS »

Ok, yet another dumb newbie question

what is ISD?

I've only shopped at C&E once, and that was for my brush. I bought the
super badger made by Edwin Jagger. My first wet shaving purchase. :)

-Jeff
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

double post
Last edited by AACJ on Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

International Shave Day!

It's a day to all get together, colletively at our shaving locations and shave with the same stuff. A way of showing our solodarity to wet shaving and the fine products that befront us.
Art

JD

Post by JD »

Ill have to pass two months in a row. as both times I didnt have the soap/cream. Oh well maybe next month. ARKO next month. ARKO!!!!!

JD
JD
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

JDogg172 wrote:Ill have to pass two months in a row. as both times I didnt have the soap/cream. Oh well maybe next month. ARKO next month. ARKO!!!!!

JD
Dude, what can I send you? I have some samples!!!
Art

rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Big Ren wrote:YS,

I'm in!! For those who may not know, C & E are very generous in providing free samples of all their shaving creams and other products.

Ren
Ren,

Maybe in their stores, but not online. I notified them that I had purchased Sienna, Almond and the Almond soap, and would like a sample of Nomad. Nothing doing. No way. One of the gents was told he would be sent samples, but never received them. I love their products, and I will use them, but having spent well over $100 with them (I have a travel brush and a best badger brush from C&E), I would think a $1.00 sample would not be out of line.

Randy

Oh, I went ahead and purchased Nomad...their stuff is great!
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
madmedic

Post by madmedic »

Have just bought two C&E soaps in Sandalwood and Nomad flavours.....so count me in!

Brian
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

im in, maybe someone can suggest a cream for me to pick up a sample of, since i shipped mine out with the swap box

sam
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

Sam--

I'd opt for the Sienna. I haven't tried the Sienna cream, but I use the EDT regularly. I think I'd describe it as a leathery kind of scent. Makes my wifes knees wobble. Use with caution.

The cream sample I've tried is the Nomad. That's a little to spicy for me. When I was in the store, and asked for a sample of the Sienna, they lady came back with a small tube of Nomad, and told me that they didn't have Sienna samples just then.

If you happen to go into a store, don't forget to pick up one or more of their inexpensive tube keys. I have one and use it on my Proraso tube. It would definately work on Trumpers tubes, and most likely most other metal tubes.

Scott
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Big Ren wrote:
rtaylor61 wrote:
Big Ren wrote:YS,

Ren
Ren,

Maybe in their stores, but not online. I notified them that I had purchased Sienna, Almond and the Almond soap, and would like a sample of Nomad. Nothing doing. No way. One of the gents was told he would be sent samples, but never received them. I love their products, and I will use them, but having spent well over $100 with them (I have a travel brush and a best badger brush from C&E), I would think a $1.00 sample would not be out of line.

Randy

Oh, I went ahead and purchased Nomad...their stuff is great!

Randy, That is unfortunate to hear and illustrates how service can vary from place to place. When I visited a C & E shop here in Toronto the salesgirl gave me all sorts of samples and was very enthusiastic to hear about my interest in wet shaving. Of course, her generosity might have had nothing to do with the store's policy and everything to do with Big Ren's charm. :-k
Ren,

No question. One big advantage of a brick and mortar. Hard to use charm in an email!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
dcdube

Post by dcdube »

Sam I'd say sienna as well. I love the almond, but there are many of them out there, so if you have one C&E to try, get something different.
Dennis
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Since C&E is the winner, I will mention that tonight at TJ Maxx, they had 4 tubs of Almond Shaving Cream. It's the old plastic tub, not the new, elegant glass container, but the price was only $7.99! Might be worht a peek!

Randy
YS

Post by YS »

I have notice someone is organizing an official Proraso Day on March 20, 2006. Good for them and I will join in with the amazing “Soapcream “in the green tub.

Proraso on the 20th C&E on the 26, my shaving calendar is getting fully booked.

Changing a daily chore into a daily pleasure, What will these young kids will come up with next? Fun?

:arrow: It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Loses an Eye... :lol:

Have a great day,

YS
A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.

RWA
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

OK, count me in for Proraso for the 20th. (what'll my poor ARKO do now?)

:lol:

Jeff