It's Been Real...

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Drew

It's Been Real...

Post by Drew »

Thanks for all the help, trades, laughter, and tears.

Best to all

Drew

PS: I have edited my original post which included the parting shots, to which cigar Dan referred. To me, they were just critical observations of an environment that in my eyes has changed. None the less, they were not necessary. Thanks again to those of you who have helped me to fully develop this addiction.
Last edited by Drew on Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cigar Dan

Post by Cigar Dan »

I'm sorry you feel that way.

I don't see things around here being that way at all. I have met a lot of great people and look forward to hearing (reading) what they have to say on a daily basis. I have learned a lot from them when I first became interested in wetshaving--in fact, I still do. In turn, I have tried to be as helpful as I can be to newcomers. The only rule that I see the mods pushing is for everyone to behave in a gentlemanly manner. That's a good rule. It isn't a stodgy atmosphere, but I know without being told where the lines are when it comes to decorum.

On other forums, I read and participate in some NSFW (not safe for work) threads. Some are offensive, most are funny, but I don't think SMF is the place for such topics. SMF is a niche interest group. It doesn't need to be all things to all people, nor should it try to be.

Me? If, for whatever reason, I decide in the future not to be part of this community any longer, I'll just go away. I won't be inclined to take any parting shots.

Best of luck.
Danny
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Drew, we have occasional flare ups on the boards. Nevertheless, I think we have been able to maintain a person friendly community. I have also been on other forums where I felt like a guest but not family. On this board I feel that we are all brothers and sisters. We disagree on certain topics but we move on to other things that we agree on.

Feel free to check in whenever you want. I wish you the best.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I like the way Andrew put it, and Drew, you are always welcome here. I also have been at other websites and with growth in people posting, and with the way the written word can come across, some people do get upset. We tend to be more fortunate that the topic covered is not one that is all that serious, and the disagreements have been few and not all that harsh, although we can point to one or two that say otherwise. I was worried that maybe something had come up just this day or recently that spurred this but maybe you have been giving this some thought.

Well, anyway, rest assured that we, speaking of the moderators, try to keep this a place that most will want to visit, that there is actual information on topic shared, but that we can also chit-chat in Off topic or stray off post a little. You can visit or post or private message anytime you want, so please do not feel like you have to unjoin, but if you must, you must. Anyway, feel free to PM me, or the other moderators if you, or anyone else, have some constructive suggestions on how to tackle these issues. We just want to make this a nice place to visit. We have vendors who are generous with their time, their wares, their service, and we have some nice gentlemen and women. I know there are a lot of generous souls on this board and for that I am grateful.

Sam
Ben

Post by Ben »

:roll:
Hell-bent ... hell-bent for Feather!

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."
— Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
scarface911

Post by scarface911 »

It's to bad you feel this way. I've only joined this fourm about two days ago and everyone has been super friendly. I've never been on another fourm that was this welcoming and helpful period.

Don't take his comments to heart, you guys are doign an amazing job...Keep it up!
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

Ben wrote::roll:
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway
cigar-&-Shave

Post by cigar-&-Shave »

I think Cigar Dan is a great guy. Actually, what I really like is his Colombo avatar… wish I’d thought of that before he did. I also like the use of the word “Cigar” in his user name. :D
Ben

Post by Ben »

texasPI wrote:

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."
Ben

Post by Ben »

Ben scored Connect Four on texasPI when he wrote:
texasPI wrote:

mark the shoeshine boy

Post by mark the shoeshine boy »

i guess, he didn't get to know me and Tonyespo...or he would have stayed !!!!

But we have both been pretty busy.....

No other forum has such a great comedy team (FREE, TOO !!!!) as Tony and I. I feel that is why the rest of you are hanging around,,,,waiting for the next show ....

:shock: :lol: :lol: :D

mark the shoeshine boy
SHAVE AND A HAIRCUT...WAIT A SECOND WHAT ABOUT A SHOESHINE, TOO ????
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Ben wrote:
Ben scored Connect Four on texasPI when he wrote:
texasPI wrote: :roll:
Quality over quantity, Ben.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Ben

Post by Ben »

That is quality! (On second thought, maybe sinking his battleship would have been more effective than scoring Connect Four on a diagonal.)

And where is everyone else's admonishment? I'm outta here! Haha. Just kidding! :P

I always find the Grand Exit threads amusing. :lol:

texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

Ben wrote:That is quality! (On second thought, maybe sinking his battleship would have been more effective than scoring Connect Four on a diagonal.)

And where is everyone else's admonishment? I'm outta here! Haha. Just kidding! :P

Ha, funny! It's sad :cry: to see people go (for me) because I think you are all swell guys and gals. Except for the posting whore who makes me consider whether I want to hang around here at all. :lol: :wink:
Erik

Aurora Greenway
Ben

Post by Ben »

I like you too, pal. :D

texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

Right back at you.

I think that if we had a big hugging session alot of people would not be compelled to leave.

How 'bout instead of another ISD instead we had an IHD (International Hug Day) to promote unity? :wink:
Erik

Aurora Greenway
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

mark the shoeshine boy wrote:i guess, he didn't get to know me and Tonyespo...or he would have stayed !!!!

But we have both been pretty busy.....

No other forum has such a great comedy team (FREE, TOO !!!!) as Tony and I. I feel that is why the rest of you are hanging around,,,,waiting for the next show ....

:shock: :lol: :lol: :D

mark the shoeshine boy
Mark we could post our stuff in the Selling / Trading forum and sell tickets for the really GOOD info.

I need to find more time to EXPRESS myself.... :wink:
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

texasPI wrote:
Ben wrote:That is quality! (On second thought, maybe sinking his battleship would have been more effective than scoring Connect Four on a diagonal.)

Ha, funny! It's sad :cry: to see people go (for me) because I think you are all swell guys and gals. Except for the posting whore who makes me consider whether I want to hang around here at all. :lol: :wink:
Peeping Tom is gone. Blue Boy is up now!
Cigar Dan

Post by Cigar Dan »

cigar-&-Shave wrote:I think Cigar Dan is a great guy. Actually, what I really like is his Colombo avatar… wish I’d thought of that before he did. I also like the use of the word “Cigar” in his user name. :D
Thanks Mike--right back at ya'. Anyone with "cigar" in their name has to be a great guy! :)

I don't know what made me think of the Columbo avatar, but I'm glad I did. I used to watch him back in the days of the "Mystery Movie of the Week". He was a great character. Plus, there was that ever-present cigar. :)
Danny
Chris73

Post by Chris73 »

Do really great comedy teams (i.e. people who are actually funny) really have to remind people over and over again how funny they are? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: