MSN Article on shaving

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
BD1970

MSN Article on shaving

Post by BD1970 »

woofwie

Post by woofwie »

:shock: Ahahahahaha. This part really got me -

"A serious shave cream that provides a good lather is Kiehl's White Eagle... Apply creams or gels with a badger-hair brush, which lathers more evenly than your hands and lifts the hair, giving you a closer shave."

Now, I used to use Kiehls before I started with a badger brush and the higher end creams and soaps, and I still consider it an ok cream if I don't have a brush. But, that being said, Kiehls does NOT lather AT ALL. Has the guy ever used this stuff? Or is he just plugging products? Kiehls is just a very thick cream, it has no lather what so ever. None. Nada. And, adding a badger brush to Kiehls is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard. :roll:
Jeff (nickname is Wolf, hence the screen name)
-Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today.
Joedy

Post by Joedy »

Rodney Cutler is a former Australian-football player and Ironman triathlete, and the owner of the Cutler salons in New York City.
... try Aveda's peppermint shaving gel ($12; aveda.com), which delivers a warming tingle that can become an addiction. Apply creams or gels with a badger-hair brush ($50 to $250), which lathers more evenly than your hands and lifts the hair, giving you a closer shave.
Guess what salon you can purchase Aveda products from....?

He would served his readers better just to link to this site, but then again I don't suppose that helping his readers was quite what he intended.

-joedy
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

the Nivea Gel mentionned is super thick
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

inkling wrote:What's up with the photo used for the article? I smell a copyright violation!
Yeah people shouldn't just be able to use your artwork like that without your permission. At first I thought you wrote it but if you didn't then they need to get your OK. :wink: :lol: :lol:
acoldspoon

Post by acoldspoon »

Can you say shill?

If he didn't own a salon, I'd think it was just ignorance.

Always use pre-shave oil? Bahahahaha
Cheers,
Peter J
acoldspoon

Post by acoldspoon »

inkling wrote:
Gatorade wrote:
inkling wrote:What's up with the photo used for the article? I smell a copyright violation!
Yeah people shouldn't just be able to use your artwork like that without your permission. At first I thought you wrote it but if you didn't then they need to get your OK. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Exactly! Who does Esquire think they are?! I think I need to give Jackie Chiles a call... [-( :wink:
I am outraged by this stupendous example of wanton indifference! 8)
Cheers,
Peter J