Home Page | Gallery | PM Inbox | Forum Index  

Breakfast

Share recipes and tips, or memorable restaurant experiences here.

Re: Breakfast

Postby Rufus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:49 am

My next door neighbour has gone all electric: solar panels on the roof, Tesla car and even an electric boat. Because of the nose bleedingly high electricity (or hydro, as we call it) rates in Ontario he claims to be ahead and is even selling power into the grid occasionally.
Bryan
Rufus

Postby MotifSky » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:27 pm

I usually have for my breakfast different sandwiches, fruits or pan fried eggs with bacon/tomatoes/sausages :D And coffee of course! :D
MotifSky

Postby brothers » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Rufus wrote:My next door neighbour has gone all electric: solar panels on the roof, Tesla car and even an electric boat. Because of the nose bleedingly high electricity (or hydro, as we call it) rates in Ontario he claims to be ahead and is even selling power into the grid occasionally.

I'm missing something. If the electricity rates are quite high, why would it be desirable to use devices that consume electricity? Obviously I've gone down the wrong track in my thinking . . . .
Gary
brothers

Postby ShadowsDad » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:50 pm

If he's making his own juice running the electrical appliances is in essence "free".
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite http://www.krampertsfinest.com/
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
ShadowsDad

Postby brothers » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:41 pm

Right, now I get the point. However, I do wonder exactly how much it costs to purchase and install solar panels/buy a Tesla/buy an electric boat? One wonders how the dollars and cents add up when spending is equal to or exceeded by saving.
Gary
brothers

Postby Rufus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:18 am

brothers wrote:Right, now I get the point. However, I do wonder exactly how much it costs to purchase and install solar panels/buy a Tesla/buy an electric boat? One wonders how the dollars and cents add up when spending is equal to or exceeded by saving.

Good question Gary. I haven't asked him how much the panels cost or what he thinks the payback period is to the extent it ever pays back. As for the Tesla and the boat, the car costs about $100k and the boat about $50k. Go figure! Seems to have the attributes of an AD. :mrgreen:
Bryan
Rufus

Previous

Return to Cooking & Recipes