Holiday plans for some barbeque

Share recipes and tips, or memorable restaurant experiences here.
brothers

Holiday plans for some barbeque

Post by brothers »

This Memorial Day weekend the menu calls for a couple of slabs of pork ribs, a nice big pork shoulder roast for pulled pork, and a variety of freshly made sausages. The clock is running as they go into their respective smokers at about noon today and if all goes according to plan, the big feast is tonight. Why don't you guys come on over? :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Re: Holiday plans for some barbeque

Post by ShadowsDad »

Yumm! I wish I could my friend. I'd definitely take a plate!
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
pausted

Post by pausted »

Gary, we're only one state away. Wonder if I could get there in time? Probably not. Sounds great, though. Enjoy!
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

I wish you guys could have been here. It did manage to rain an inch today, which made the whole day even better. The rain made the gathering even more special, because as dry as it's been, with the wildfires and etc. we need every drop we can get. 4 guys brought ribs and other meats, and our families had a lot of fun voting (blind) on whose was the best. It was all good, so I reckon we were all winners. Happy Memorial Day! Be safe.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Just plain old hamburgers but without the filler topped with cheddar cheese. Even if our Memorial Day equivalent was last week (Victoria Day) we can enjoy the grill along with your all south o' the border.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I definitely would have taken even "just a plain old burger" Wendell. No major cooking here. Cleaning out the leftovers. SV "roast" beef, one burger, Corned beef, and homemade Italian sausage with pepperonata.

I'll post that recipe. It makes a great sub' sandwich coupled with Italian sausage.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square