BBQ Brisket

Share recipes and tips, or memorable restaurant experiences here.
ShadowsDad

BBQ Brisket

Post by ShadowsDad »

I remembered to take a pic of todays BBQ brisket (a whole packer, approx' 8#). It was marinated for over a week due to rain and was put it in the cooker today with some smoking wood (cherry) and 8 hours later this is the half that remained for the picture.

The gent doing the slicing claims it was juicy, though one can't tell by looking and it was so tender that it was falling apart under that razor sharp knife. It was almost unsliceable .
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: BBQ Brisket

Post by jww »

Drool .....
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Gene

Post by Gene »

I love brisket! I like the wet side (heavier fat content), and my wife and kids like it on the lean side.

Your looks fantastic. My brother-in-law smokes one every now and then, but he doesn't use cherry. Looks really nice.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
brothers

Post by brothers »

That picture is worth at least a thousand words. MMmmmm!!!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Thanx!

I wish I had pix but unfortunately I don't. We had dinner guests tonight for the warmed brisket (in beef broth) warmed in the SousVide circulator. It was accompanied by a cucumber salad with onion and sour cream, yeast rolls, and home canned super sweet corn from 2011s harvest, far better than canned in metal, almost as good as frozen.

Dick went back for 3rds so I suspect it was OK. :) Ann declared it delicious.

I have beef stock from the bag and the corn juice for soup stock.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

That's the real deal, accept no substitutes.
Regards,
Squire