Brewing tea Question

Share recipes and tips, or memorable restaurant experiences here.
brothers

Re: Brewing tea Question

Post by brothers »

Now you've made me curious. I should probably find some and eat it. If I do, I'll eat it earlier in the day, as opposed to just before hitting the hay. I have found this bit of information:

A 2005 survey carried out by the British Cheese Board reported that Stilton cheese seemed to cause unusual dreams when eaten before sleep, with 75% of men and 85% of women experiencing "odd and vivid" dreams after eating a 20-gram serving of the cheese half an hour prior to sleeping.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Stilton is one of many foods ,like books I wasn't sure if I had tasted/read. So I was at Trader Joe's and saw this wedge with more blue veins than an Arizona copper mine and rind akin to a oakbark . I refuse to eat fast food anymore. I took Doctor Oz and friends for @ 3 months. Society embraces the latest wonder food; bran muffins, pomegranates, KALE :shock: and suddenly an old staple-BREAD is evil and gluten the monster in Steve McQueen's first movie.Well, Jack LaLane made it to 89 and George Burns 100.
Today's shave; Super Iridium in Edwin Jaeger, Dittmars and Vei-Long beehive.
Today's breakfast; two boiled eggs ( even like Poirot's) Scottish breakfast tea with milk and REFINED SUGAR, scones and fresh figs.
Today's reading: Madeliene Kamman WHEN FRENCH WOMEN COOK
brothers

Post by brothers »

Picked up a couple of wedges of blue Stilton, and a pair of the white, one with apricot, another with blueberries. I can see it's an acquired taste, but not bad on the first outing. Probably worth exploring when paired with tea/coffee/wine, etc.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Back on tea- My tea strainer arrived yesterday by post.The only straining It will ever do is my nerves #-o It was a humble S/S -what could go wrong with a bit of stamped steel? The 'two ladies' sent a substitute item of fine wire mesh that literally fell apart out of the box. My USA product was stamped MADE IN CHINA. I call and instead of two ladies get some guy. I'm told 'no refunds, only exchanges.' So I have to ship this POS back and buy some tea instead.
I start channeling Dame Maggie Smith/ the Dowager Countess. I go on EBAY and look at sterling pieces. OHHHH KAYYYY I really need to drop $100-$400 on a Georgian tea Strainer.
The late Donald Pleasance materialized and reminded me of his role in THE GREAT ESCAPE I don't have a KLIM can, but with; snips,hammer and nail soon have a splendid tea strainer from a empty tea tin.
Yahoo news says the chicoms will pass us in 10 years as the #1 economic power.
NOT IN THIS HOUSE. [-X
Sips tea and bites biscuit.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

You could probably brew tea in one of those empty tins.
Regards,
Squire