What's for supper?

Share recipes and tips, or memorable restaurant experiences here.
EL Alamein

Re: What's for supper?

Post by EL Alamein »

TheMonk wrote:Yesterday's dinner party we made something we call "empadão", which is essentially a Portuguese style meat pie. My bad, I forgot to take a pic of it, and the guests liked it so much that it's all gone. :oops:
David, it sounds scrumptious. It's all gone? That's all that counts.

Chris
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

EL Alamein wrote:
TheMonk wrote:Yesterday's dinner party we made something we call "empadão", which is essentially a Portuguese style meat pie. My bad, I forgot to take a pic of it, and the guests liked it so much that it's all gone. :oops:
David, it sounds scrumptious. It's all gone? That's all that counts.

Chris
Indeed, Chris! ;)
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Tonight SousVide beef flat iron steaks with caramelized onions, hash browns, and left over veggies from the corned beef. Or it could be beef petite tenders, I have both in the SV bath. I won't actually know until I unbag them, what I want tonight.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Dang quesadillas at Boston Pizza --- traveling again for work and wanted something different than Swiss Chalet.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
pausted

Post by pausted »

We were in Jamaica last week on vacation. I purchased some Jamaican Jerk spice and wanted to try it so the chicken is marinating in the fridge right now. We'll have grilled jerk chicken, baked sweet potatos and a green salad for dinner. Should be good!
Best regards,

Basil
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Gosh, with all the bitter cold weather around here Jamaica sounds real good right about now. Is there a chance that the Fleming Estate would let me crash at Goldeneye for week or two for nothing but laughs? Probably not. ;)

Anyway, tonight was chicken with comte cheese. Pretty simple French dish but very good. Also, I didn't use comte cheese, though it is a better selection, because none was on hand. I used a fading block of whatever cheese that was left in the fridge - who knows what it was. Turned out superb anyway.

Served with leftover warmed braised Belgian Endive and white wine. Nice Winter meal.

Chris
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Sous Vide petite tender (beef steak), hash browns, and caramelized onions tonight.

The steak had been previously SVed so all it required was a 1 hour warm up and a few passes with the torch to finish developing the flavor and color. It was a perfect med rare.
Brian

Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

ShadowsDad wrote:Sous Vide petite tender (beef steak), hash browns, and caramelized onions tonight.

The steak had been previously SVed so all it required was a 1 hour warm up and a few passes with the torch to finish developing the flavor and color. It was a perfect med rare.
Sounds absolutely delicious, Brian!
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

TheMonk wrote:
ShadowsDad wrote:Sous Vide petite tender (beef steak), hash browns, and caramelized onions tonight.

Sounds absolutely delicious, Brian!
I concur. Scrumptious meal.

Chris
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Thanks.

Today the flounder fillets at the supermarket caught my eye and I decided to make a fish sandwich tonight. The fish, quickly fried with just some S&P and some granulated garlic, some romaine , OK, a lot of romaine, and homemade tartar sauce on a roll.
Brian

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Last night it was grilled Delmonico rib eye steak medallions (medium-rare for me and medium for her lady ship) and Caesar salad, washed done with an Argentinian Malbec. We have this same meal every Saturday night that we're home.
Bryan
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Rufus wrote:Last night it was grilled Delmonico rib eye steak medallions (medium-rare for me and medium for her lady ship) and Caesar salad, washed done with an Argentinian Malbec. We have this same meal every Saturday night that we're home.
Bryan, this sounds delicious. Nice tradition as well.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

Sunday's supper was baked chicken fajitas, baked with sliced red, yellow, green sweet peppers and onions. Served with corn and flour tortillas, fresh cilantro, freshly made guacamole and tomato and jalapeño salsa, and yellow corn tortilla chips
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Sunday -- we had the two of our children who live in Ottawa over for dinner along with their families ...... Chicken stew and dumplings ..... unbelievably good stuff. The amount my wife had to prepare was so large that we had to crack open the 8Qt Calphalon pan which we bought shamelessly on sale for likt 60% off at their factory outlet in Kittery Maine, thinking it would make a great wedding gift ----- but that was two years ago -- and so Saturday, it fit all the grub being prepared ... and now has become a keeper by default. Can't give a gift that you used ... well, I suppose you can, but now we've used it, we see potential for these growing family gatherings.
Wendell

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Tonight: grilled, Frenched pork chops with steamed wax beans and baby carrots.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Pan fried ribeye, whole fresh green beans with some bacon, sliced tomatoes on the side. Can't beat it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

brothers wrote:Pan fried ribeye, whole fresh green beans with some bacon, sliced tomatoes on the side. Can't beat it.
Mmmmmmmmm, delicious.
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Tonight was sauteed Haddock in a lemon butter sauce with steamed broccoli. I don't get fish here near enough so this was a treat.

Chris
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Swiss Chalet -- traveling again this week ....
Wendell

ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I had some homemade tartar sauce left from last week, so I picked up more flounder yesterday. Last night was a flounder sandwich with a large salad.
Brian