What's for supper?

Share recipes and tips, or memorable restaurant experiences here.
ThePossum

Re: What's for supper?

Post by ThePossum »

Saturday, grilled marinated portabello mushroom on toasted bun with balsamic aioli and arugula for the wife and a regular burger with the aioli and arugula for me. Grilled some hobo potato packs, those yukon gold potatoes cut into pieces and doused in olive oil, salt, pepper and some fresh thyme and wrapped in foil and placed on the grill. Accompanied by a nice tossed salad with homemade Italian dressing.

Sunday, last day to use the grill here in Pa so I made a rack of St Louis ribs Memphis style smoked with apple wood. Served the ribs with garlic and oregano polenta fries, cole slaw and some apple pie for desert.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tonight I made chicken nuggets based on a new recipe I discovered yesterday. The person who created it says their whole family loves them and they've been eating these for years. They were delightful, and will definitely be used often, especially when the grandkids are coming but not exclusively. These are worlds better than the fast food nuggets. More like real food! For our veggie, we had sauteed fresh green beans with fresh crisp bacon bits.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Post by pausted »

Can you share the recipe, Gary?
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

pausted wrote:Can you share the recipe, Gary?
Yes, I've posted the chicken nugget recipe separately.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Post by pausted »

Thanks. They look good and we'll give 'em a try. I'll bet one could bake them if you wanted to avoid the frying.
Best regards,

Basil
pausted

Post by pausted »

Thanks. They look good and we'll give 'em a try. I'll bet one could bake them if you wanted to avoid the frying.

Sorry for the double post. :)
Best regards,

Basil
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I bet you're right. Just spray with a beneficial oil first.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
dosco

Post by dosco »

Beneficial oil ... ?
Barry

Post by Barry »

I'm thinking about pizza baked on the "Baking Steel."

I'll use Whole Foods dough this time. Does anyone have a favorite pizza dough recipe?
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Yup, it's the Americas Test Kitchen recipe. Make it today and any time in the next 10 days or so use it. ATK says 3 days but I've gone as much as 10.

Since it's their recipe and I'd probably be violating their copyright by posting it I'll PM you with it. Anyone else wanting it just PM me.
Brian

Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

dosco wrote:Beneficial oil ... ?
Yup. Olive oil is a beneficial oil, so is grapeseed oil. There are other oils that are destructive and others that are just calories and don't do much for or against the body.
Brian

brothers

Post by brothers »

ShadowsDad wrote:
dosco wrote:Beneficial oil ... ?
Yup. Olive oil is a beneficial oil, so is grapeseed oil. There are other oils that are destructive and others that are just calories and don't do much for or against the body.
It so happens I used grapeseed oil to make my nuggets mentioned above.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Tonight was a previously grilled ribeye from the freezer and some fresh brussel sprouts stirfried with crumbled bacon.
Gary

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Last evening we had a shredded chicken soup in the Café Rio style. My wife found the recipe on a blog she just started to follow. It was incredibly good. My son in law had two very large bowls of the stuff, and then claimed himself to be full. A rarely seen event with him. The kid has a bottom-less pit. :lol:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Homemade refried beans on rice, with salsa, sour cream, guacamole and grated cheese.

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

Thanks for the recipe. This sounds like one I'd like to make.
Gary

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Cajun chilli with a bit of habanero kick. We're in the grip of Old Man Winter here, even rumors we might see some snow flurries before the week is out.
Regards,
Squire
pausted

Post by pausted »

Pan fried tilapia, kale salad, steamed veggies tonight. A healthy meal. :)
Best regards,

Basil
Barry

Post by Barry »

I'll have some black eyed peas cooked with chopped onion, a small amount of ham broth and possibly some celery. I'll also have 1/2 acorn squash and maybe some fish.

I'll have time to figure out the next few dinners as I'll most likely be snowed in until late Sunday or Monday sometime.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Hmm, black eyed peas? Probably past time to make Hoppin' John again. Good stuff.

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace