Free cookbooks

Share recipes and tips, or memorable restaurant experiences here.
ShadowsDad

Free cookbooks

Post by ShadowsDad »

I was watching the cooking shows on PBS today and they mentioned The Settlement Cookbook now still having my childlike curiosity I googled it and found many free vintage cookbooks. You know, back when folks could actually cook from scratch. One site was a vintage cookbook site. They also had a Rosetta stone for some of the really old ones. It's a grocers encyclopedia so that when someone wanted to buy "powdered unicorn horn" it told the grocer what it is, what it does, and what to order.

I googled "The settlement cookbook free". Just cursor down until you find the vintage cookbook site. They link to everything else and then some that google turns up so don't waste time in chasing google links. Since I wanted them for my computer I only took the .pdf files. The embedded viewer cookbooks are only for use online. I know folks who aren't online and they would want these old cookbooks so I'll burn some disks for them.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Free cookbooks

Post by fallingwickets »

If I bring even one more recipe into this house, my partner will have my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice find and very generous offer regardless

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

:-) They're digital and take up no space. But anyway, they're there for the taking if you want them, if not, they're still there.

Yeah, I have a few lifetimes supply of cookbooks too, but it's interesting to see what they were making, how, etc'. Of course once in awhile one does find another recipe.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

For those with eBook readers, I contribute to this thread for free cookbooks:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showth ... p?t=269338
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

fallingwickets wrote:If I bring even one more recipe into this house, my partner will have my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
clive
My experience has been the opposite. They find a recipe and then say, make this for meee!
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Lately, around here anyway, whichever of us finds a new recipe, we make it and the other helps if necessary.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

the sacrifices one has to make in the name of love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOL

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

P.s. will be lurking on the amzn site :D