Vulfix Luxury Shaving Cream - Wild Lavender

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
pausted

Vulfix Luxury Shaving Cream - Wild Lavender

Post by pausted »

On a recent order I added this cream to my cart because I had never tried it before. The cream is quite dense so I loaded it with a damp brush and lathered it in a bowl with two generous additions of water. Since I have not tried it before, I don't know if it is made to be dense or if I may have bought an older tin that had dried over time.

At any rate, it provided me with an excellent shave. The cream is slick and protective and the post shave face feel is very nice. The lavender scent is light but quite enjoyable and I don't detect other scents that would mask the lavender. This is a good cream that I will enjoy using. I recommend it.
Best regards,

Basil
Bill_K

Re: Vulfix Luxury Shaving Cream - Wild Lavender

Post by Bill_K »

Basil, thanks for the recommendation. If I didn't already have three different soaps en route I'd consider picking some up!

Bill
Bill
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Great review!

So it's called "Wild Lavender" now? From what I recall it was just lavender a decade ago. I wonder if the fragrance has been changed.

I liked it and I am tempted to dig what I have out and try it again.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

Is it Luxury Lavender or a new product?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Post by pausted »

Gary, I don’t know if it’s a new product, or not. Mine came in a 225ml tin. It reads “Wild Lavender Luxury Shaving Cream”. You can see it on the WCS site.
Best regards,

Basil