QED Sandalwood.... wow

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

So far I have limes, sandalwood, violet, rose, and lavender;
I haven't tried the rose (Charles' request) although it smells really nice;
on the other hand I am REALLY partial to that limes. I use a sopping wet brush and mop it around on the soap until I see a few suds, then transfer straight to my face where it creates a wonderful key-lime-pie poor-mans castle-forbes type lather.
Wonderful stuff.
John P.
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

For myself when using the QED Limes, I get the best lather when I soak the brush in hot water while I shower, drip some hot water into the soap tub & let it sit for a couple of seconds, flick the brush a couple times, swirl it around in the tub unitl a lather begins and then lather up directly on my face...I did this tonight and got the best shave/lather from the QED limes soap that I have to date...When I tried to lather in a mug, it just wouldn't work for the life of me...The same mug & brush generate tons of lather with my taylors or t&h...But for some reason nothing would come from the soap...The lather that I built on my face tonight was on par with the consistency of lather produced by several creams I've used....This couln't have come at a better time because I was getting frustrated with the soap and was about to offer it up for trade until I figured out a way that works effectivly for me...I'm glad because this is a great summer soap that smells good enough to eat!!!...Also rinses very nice without a heavy feeling afterwards...
honkdonker

Post by honkdonker »

Esoteric: As you have experienced, it is very difficult to build lather from a soap in a separate bowl. You have done the right thing by building the lather right in the tub. Generally speaking, soaps are made to lather directly in the container they are in, unlike creams. But you already knew that.

Thanks.
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

Ahh yes trial & error...
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

Todd,
Wait till you actually use this stuff. I thought it just smelled OK in the bowl, but man, once you lather up with it--it will damn near knock your socks off.
Randy
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

I would just like to add, on behalf of all the people with hard water, that I hate you all #-o
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

Uilleann Pipes wrote:Clark, we love you too! I think we may have to do an intervention for
Clark fellas. He's clearly going to obsess over the copious amounts of lather I'm going to get with the sandalwood soap. This may lead to a deepening scad problem, and general ill temper toward us with fairly decent water.

Regards, Todd
love you too luv lump :wink:

Joel - buying bottled water would be an enormous pain in the ass to do on a regular basis, not to mention expensive. I'll pass on the hassle until I can get to a location without the rock water.
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Forget bottled water. Just buy distilled water. You can get that stuff for a buck a gallon!
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

QED Essentials Sandalwood Shaving Soap!!

Post by guenron »

Absolutely marvelous. After a 4-pass shave (my usual) I had a splendid, better-than-baby's-butt, smooth shave.
BUT, that was not the best part of this soap. The wonderful fragrance of sandalwood lingered most of the day!
What an absolutely delightful experience. Bravo Charles!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather