CHOCOLATE PUDDING Handmade WHIPPED Shaving Cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
f308gt4

Post by f308gt4 »

So, has anyone tried this chocolate pudding stuff yet?
Bicster

Post by Bicster »

i purchased it the day i posted this....has not arrived yet.
JakAHearts

Post by JakAHearts »

I also ordered some the day I saw this post. I havent been blessed by the mailman yet either.
f308gt4

Post by f308gt4 »

Anybody get it yet? Tried it out?

I am very curious about this stuff.
Bicster

Post by Bicster »

Ive sent several emails to the seller but, alas, it still has not arrived.

oh well.
JakAHearts

Post by JakAHearts »

I also have not gotten mine... And they had gooda ebay feedback. I say Oh well, as well.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I had an email from the seller two days ago full of apologies. I had forgotten the order to be honest. He said it was about to ship.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

I think I'll pass on the Kim Chee Shaving Cream though. [-(

Cliff
"Everything that can be invented, has been invented."
-Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.
msandoval858

Post by msandoval858 »

How about wasabi cream... that would wake you up in the morning!
Mike
Sue
Vendor

Post by Sue »

But Cliff....Kim Chee would keep people out of your face and personal 'space'. And those clingy females wouldn't keep bothering you. There are possiblities.
Sue
JakAHearts

Post by JakAHearts »

I recieved mine yesterday. It was, as expected, hopeless with the brush. I didnt get a chance to try it without the brush as I needed a good shave. :lol:
f308gt4

Post by f308gt4 »

JakAHearts wrote:I recieved mine yesterday. It was, as expected, hopeless with the brush. I didnt get a chance to try it without the brush as I needed a good shave. :lol:
That's a bummer. Can you elaboriate on the issues you had with it.

Thanks!
JakAHearts

Post by JakAHearts »

I believe since there is no soap in the "cream" that it will not lather. Its a really thin type cream that doesnt seem to provide much cushion, but I will try it out tomnigt and see.

NOTE: I had to wash and shampoo my brush before it would work again with a regular cream after using the chocolate stuff. Not sure why but it wouldnt lather for anyhting after using the other stuff.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

My rose geranium version turned up this week. As a traditional shaving cream it is complete dreck. How can it lather if it has no soap in it? Definitely oily - do not use with a brush! I did manage one pass with the grain applied with fingers - it lubricates but doesn't do anything to the beard. Very much like using an oily version of Edge. Perhaps I can peel the label off and present it to SWMBO as cold cream? Enormously disappointed in myself for falling for the old 'if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is' trick.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

drmoss_ca wrote:My rose geranium version turned up this week. As a traditional shaving cream it is complete dreck. How can it lather if it has no soap in it? Definitely oily - do not use with a brush! I did manage one pass with the grain applied with fingers - it lubricates but doesn't do anything to the beard. Very much like using an oily version of Edge. Perhaps I can peel the label off and present it to SWMBO as cold cream? Enormously disappointed in myself for falling for the old 'if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is' trick.

Chris
I have this bridge made of Simpson brushes with handrails built of horn scales for a straight with Penhaligon's cologne flowing underneath I'd be willing to part with if you'd like to buy....

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause