Woody's Grooming Meat and Potatoes Bar

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
scarface911

Woody's Grooming Meat and Potatoes Bar

Post by scarface911 »

Has any one ever tried using this as a shave soap?

http://www.menessentials.com/oxid.php/s ... 7.16894553

The description says that it can be used on the body,face,hair and even as a shave soap so jsut wodnering how effective that was.

If no one has tried it I am in the process of making an order at menessentials.com and might just have to take one for the team.
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

May god go with you, capt'n.
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

I've seen that before. It strikes me as a product that tries to do everything but does neither well.

Keep in mind dove soap can do all the above as well, it just doesn't make all that great of a shampoo or shave soap. Apparently dove is decent for shaving.... but still...

Get the T&H Luxury shave soap (if you haven't already) from ME. You won't regret that one.
Richard
scarface911

Post by scarface911 »

Thanks for the tip Richard. I'll probbaly stay away from it then. I already have that T&H luxury shave soap in my order along with some T&H west indian limes and also a toss up between AOS sandalwood or lavender.

decisions, decisions ::sigh::
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

Hi Rajeeve--

I started out with travel tubes of AOS Lavender and Sandalwood. Both perform well, and to me the difference is in the scent. The lavender is subtle, and doesn't linger. The sandalwood is bolder and can last for hours, especially when I follow up with their Sandalwood A/S Balm. If I wore cologne, I might prefer the lavender, to avoid scent clashes -- but I don't.

--Glenn
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

scarface911 wrote:Thanks for the tip Richard. I'll probbaly stay away from it then. I already have that T&H luxury shave soap in my order along with some T&H west indian limes and also a toss up between AOS sandalwood or lavender.

decisions, decisions ::sigh::
Rajeeve, save the money for that Feather AC. I believe one is for sale in the B&S forum. :)
Richard
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Rajeeve,

You will love the T&H shaving soap, it is absolutely excellent. I use this quite frequently and I never fail to get a top notch shave with it.

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, I agree. I've been using hard shaving soaps for over twenty years now, and the T&H is one of the best available, IMO. Very good stuff, and in the US, a bit less expensive then the few others that are as good. It's really a very traditional product, and one that I hope they have the good sense not to mess with.
Regards,
Gordon
scarface911

Post by scarface911 »

Thanks for the advice fellas, the T&H Luxury Soap has been ordered. I also decided to stay away from the AOS creams as I want to go the mall and see how they smell first before pulling the trigger on them. This wont be until next year as I have told myself that this will be my last purchase until graduation this spring (unless I run out of something I really liek and need to make an emergency purchase..:D). I am going to try my best to not even click on the selling/trading forum...it's the devils playground I tell ya!

I did however opt for some 1805 cream to finalize my order at ME. Really some graet smelling stuff.

Richard, I am still terrified of the AC and since I am not buying anything else until next year that is my excuse for not getting one.