First Impressions: eShave Cucumber, Harris Pink

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

First Impressions: eShave Cucumber, Harris Pink

Post by mantic »

Gents--

I had the opportunity to try two samples this morning, eShave's Cucumber shaving cream and DR Harris' "Pink" aftershave.

The shaving cream lathered suprisingly quickly; just a few swirls of my brush got a decent lather going. The scent is definitely cucumber, though there's a secondary note to it that doesn't seem to complement it well. I didn't mind the scent, but my wife crinkled up her nose and said "smells like *boiled* cucumber."

The shave went well, on par with the other high-end products I've used. I did get a tiny bit of burn on part of my neck, but that may be my own doing, as I varied my angle of attack slightly this morning.

Bottom line: I wouldn't go out of my way to get this cream, but if I found it at a sale price somewhere I'd pick it up (I'd try another scent though).

After my shave I used my sample of DR Harris Pink (I usually use Trumper Skin Food). Its very watery, not thick or greasy at all. It applies easily, a tiny bit of alcohol sting, absorbes quickly. There's a definite floral scent but it disappeared so quickly that I couldn't figure out the notes. It left my skin decently soft and moisturized. However I did detect that it left my skin a bit dryer than I'm used to. YMMV but I'll stick to Limes Skin Food.

--Mark
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Excellent review Mark! Thanks for the info. I have always wondered about these 2 products. I probably won't be shelling out the big bucks for them and will stick to my Trumpers and Taylors!
:::Vince:::