Classic Sandalwood VS T&H Trafalgar VS QED Violetta ...

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Wow, Joel! Great review and pictures. QED shave soap is obviously a winner hands down. I really like the rose shave soap. I also experience tons of lather when I use it. To me it's comparble to Floris shave soap that costs twice more for a refill.
sean mac

Post by sean mac »

Joel -

As always, thanks for your awesome reviews.

How did you like the scent of the QED Violetta? Does it compare in any ways to Trumper's Violet?
Chris73

Post by Chris73 »

The T&H lather looks great as opposed to the Classic lather, which I thought looked a little "bubbly" if you know what I mean. Could you have whipped it around a bit more and gotten really thick or is this as good as it gets for that soap? Also, in the size comparison I'd love to see the stats as well. If QED is roughly twice the price, then I would expect roughly twice the ounces which would of course mean the value is pretty much equal. Others have had a lot of praise for Classic soaps. I love shopping at classic, but haven't gone for the soap. For some odd reason, they do not mix scents in the 3-pack, which ruins all the fun of having a variety. Of course, offering several scents in individual 3 packs is THE SAME as offering a variety pack. In the end, they sell the same soap, so this defies all logic (it's not like they're buying them or paying to have them pre-packaged in 3's of the same fragrance). I still love Classic though in spite of that nonsense! I just won't go for the shaving soap.

Chris
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

Hey Joel - why don't you post up a review of the T&H cream? I'd like to know how you think it compares to the QED and the other 2 T's.