Using Shaving Cream with a Brush

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
phule

Using Shaving Cream with a Brush

Post by phule »

:?: What's the correct way of using shaving cream with a brush? How is the cream properly applied to the brush?
Bob
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

The only correct way is the way that works for you! Some guys lather directly onto their faces, while others (myself included) lather up in a bowl then lather the face...check out this guide, it should prove helpful:

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=405

Welcome aboard!

Chris
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Bob, There are four basic methods. 1) Swish the wet brush around in the pot of cream a few times, and lather directly on your face, or a variation, lather it in a bowl first ( Joel's method, which he chronicled in photos, in that section of the site ), 2) take a dab of cream, put it on the wet brush tip, or push it more into the center of the brush, and lather on your face, 3) put a dab, about the size of a kidney bean, in the palm of one hand, and use the wet brush to work up a lather in your hand, and then apply it to your face, and finally, 4) the same as #3, only using a bowl or mug, instead of your hand. There are, of course, many personal variations to these four basic methods. As was said, experiment a bit, and see which seems to work best for you. Regards, Gordon
mark the shoeshine boy

Post by mark the shoeshine boy »

you could make lather on your girlfriend's (wives wouldn't let you do this) chest and just put your f......

can you believe that i said that....

I need a vacation...In fact I am leaving tonight...

mark TSSB
SHAVE AND A HAIRCUT...WAIT A SECOND WHAT ABOUT A SHOESHINE, TOO ????
northadams
Mad Max

Post by northadams »

Mark, A man after my own heart. Good luck on the vacation with the girlfriend (I mean wife)-hope to stop in Farmington for some barbeque.

Max
PoshRichM

Post by PoshRichM »

mark the shoeshine boy wrote:you could make lather on your girlfriend's (wives wouldn't let you do this) chest and just put your f......
I think this merits further exploration! As I am recently thrust anew into the girlfriend market, I'd love to see a discussion of techniques, efficacy of various cup sizes, scent performance as combined with female skin, the pros and cons of "support" during the lathering process (upper arms? hands? brassiere, push-up, strapless or cross-her-heart? au natural?), and other factors involved with this method, so that I can make the best-informed choice as I peruse the world of possibilities out there.

A pictorial on the subject from Joel would be particularly helpful as well!

Wishing he still had the opportunity with the magnificent recently departed chest,

-Rich