Floris Soaps

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Floris Soaps

Post by rtaylor61 »

Does anyone use Floris soaps? Is you use them, how do you rate them?

Randy
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

I use the Floris Elite soap. One of my favorite shave soap. Lathers well and provides good lubrication. Very nice scent. Unfortunately, not a very good value.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Randy, I haven't used the Floris shave soaps in a few years, but the ones that I used were amoung the finest that I've ever used. They lathered profusely, and the lather produced was very rich and lubricating for a hard soap. To me, they were right up there with the very best I've used, along with D R Harris's Almond, Truefitt's, and Joris. I'm not sure whether their current shave soaps are identical to what I've used or not. Regards, Gordon
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Hopefully I found a bargain. I picked up a Floris wooden shaving bowl with the JF fragrance for $14.99 with $5.00 shipping. Their website shows a retail price of $37.00, but it's no bargain if the product is no good. Looks like I did good on this one! And, I really like the wooden bowl!

Randy
stuff495

Post by stuff495 »

Where and how?

--Vincent
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

I forgot to mention I bought it on ebay. Sorry. The website I was referring to in the post was the Floris website (which I checked for retail price). Funny thing is, I was looking for a bargain on a wooden shaving bowl and ran across this bargain, and I was the only bidder. Sometimes, we just get lucky!

Randy
Robert G.

Post by Robert G. »

Randy, I think these soap bowls were on sale on the Floris website recently for half price, which is slightly more than you paid. I'm thinking they may be for sale again next month during their summer sale. If you like the JF scent you may consider stocking up at the next sale. I was lucky to snag a few No. 89 soap bowls right before they became discontinued and I think these soaps are absolutely top drawer.
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on them.

Randy
slaneyg

Post by slaneyg »

Speaking of Floris soaps....

I spotted two JF wooden bowl/cake combos for 5.99 per at my local nasty looking Marshalls. I didnt score them at the time; perhaps tomorrow. I'm trying to resist.

Graham
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Graham make sure you snag them soon before they are gone. This is a very nice shave soap. I have a Marshalls about 20 miles away. I may need to go visit them soon.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

graham, grab me one and ill swap you something.

sam