Follow-Up: J. Peterman 1903

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Follow-Up: J. Peterman 1903

Post by mantic »

I use a variety of soaps and shaving creams; today I washed my face w/QED Man Soap and lots of rinsing w/hot water to set up my beard. Shaved with J.Peterman 1903 shaving cream (w/Tweezerman brush & Mach3). Rinse, witch hazel, rinse, Trumper Limes Skin Food. Good, clean, comfortable shave.

I really enjoy the complex, almost cologne-like scent of the J. Peterman. I don't know if I'd like shaving with it every day, but its definitely in my "preferred" rotation of shaving creams. I also tried "da Cube" technique I've read about on another forum: swirling the brush in the QED Man Soap a couple times before I lathered up the J.Peterman. I did seem to get a thicker lather than previous applications. I'll try this again with one of my other regular creams.

I used my Tweezerman pure badger this morning, for "grins and giggles," since I hadn't used it in a while. My gosh I sure can tell the difference between the Tweezerman and my Savile Row super badger brush now; the Tweezerman feels positively "prickly" in comparison now (but still 10X better than the boar hair brush I started with).

--Mark