ed

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Bastida
Our friend from Spain

Post by Bastida »

Hello Todd,

I'm glad you are liking the La Toja cream. It costs about $3 here in Spain. And they sell it many stores. I didn't find it that good, but then I used it in a... er, less knowledgable status than I am now. Tomorrow I'll pick another tube in the supermarket :)

Here's the place from which the cream takes its name (La Toja Island):

http://www.galinor.es/isladelatoja/

Regards,
Bastida.
Virtus Omnia Vincit
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Beautiful!

Post by guenron »

What an absolutely gorgeous site! I wonder if I could stand a round of golf there?
Thanks for the information Bastida.
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
Bastida
Our friend from Spain

Post by Bastida »

Yeah, the green fee (eighteen holes) is €120. It is in the other side of the country than my place.

Now, I'm not boasting but if golf is your thing, come to the Costa del Sol 8)
http://www.andalucia.com/golf/courses.htm

Sorry for the off topic. Let's get back to the cream :)

Regards,
Bastida.
Virtus Omnia Vincit
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Based on the postings here, I ordered some La Toja products from "theSoapbar" last Friday the 24th. So far I have not heard from them!!
Todd......did it take some time for your order to arrive? Did they contact you with shipping confirmation, and tracking info?
I am looking forward to trying these Spanish products.

Steve
wellgroomed67

Post by wellgroomed67 »

Hi guys - I too am interested in the La Toja cream; I visited Spain a few years ago (the Andalucia region - I envy you, Mr. Bastida!) and feel a special fondness for the Spanish culture and commerce. Anyway, I e-mailed soapbar.com with a question about the La Toja and Magno shower gels; I have received no reply, which seems odd after reading the excellent testimonials about their service on the site. My guess is that perhaps they are having computer issues; likely, they are not receiving e-mails or orders right now. I am planning to order the La Toja cream and shower gel and the Magno (black shower gel - sounds intriguing to me), but I may wait a little while until it seems clear that their computer issues are resolved. jmcooper
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

I finally received a response to my e-mail today.........never did get a reponse to my phonemail message :(

Then mid morning the parcel arrived from UPS :) There was a nice handwritten note inside and a sample of Magno, but the top was loose on the bottle of Puig Lavender, and 1/4 of the bottle leaked out into the box.
Will give the shave cream a try tomorrow morning.

Steve
wellgroomed67

Post by wellgroomed67 »

I received a very helpful e-mail response from soapbar.com re: my questions about their Spanish shower gels. They seem quite approachable; it would probably be worthwhile to let them know about the Puig Lavender being insufficiently packed. I will be ordering from them shortly. jmcooper