Vulfix Creams

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
jvan
Mr. Vintage Himself

Vulfix Creams

Post by jvan »

Since receiving my two pots of Vufix creams, the sandalwood and lavender, about twio months ago I have been using them in my rotation with about eight other creams and find them to be just about as effective as my Taylor's. While the scents may not be my favorites the end results, at least to me, are quite good. Is anyone else using this product or has it just faded into the land of unused goods?

John
John V
"What one relishes, nourishes"

Benjamin Franklin
sean mac

Post by sean mac »

I have a tub of Vulfix Lavander that I have used half a dozen or so times. I found the cream to be pretty nice. I was able to whip up a nice, thick lather that, in the end, produced a good shave. My face felt clean and soft after using it.

Like you, I didn't find myself overwhelmed by the scent of this cream. However, I was pleased with the shave.
Produce great people, the rest follows.
- Elbert Hubbard
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Post by guenron »

sean mac wrote:I have a tub of Vulfix Lavander that I have used half a dozen or so times. I found the cream to be pretty nice. I was able to whip up a nice, thick lather that, in the end, produced a good shave. My face felt clean and soft after using it.

Like you, I didn't find myself overwhelmed by the scent of this cream. However, I was pleased with the shave.
Ditto! I was neither under nor overwhelmed by the fragrance. I did find it pleasant though.
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
jvan
Mr. Vintage Himself

Post by jvan »

Ron, would you go so far as to say that you were at least whelmed by the fragrance?

John
John V

Benjamin Franklin
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Post by guenron »

jvan wrote:Ron, would you go so far as to say that you were at least whelmed by the fragrance?

John
Whel perhaps... :D
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

I have tried both shave creams. I like the Sandalwood the best. Both creams lathered well and provided ample lubrication. I was able to get three passes of the razor with one dollop of cream.

Sandalwood has a very nice scent although a little synthetic. The Lavender is also nice but nothing special. My next order to QED will include the Sandalwood.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I have a tub of Lavander that I received about two weeks ago. The cream is thick and provides a great deal of lather.

Consistent with others, the smell doesn't smell like a true lavander to me but it is pleasant and provides a very good shave.

Kevin
jvan
Mr. Vintage Himself

Post by jvan »

Todd,

I used the Vulfix Lavender today and the scent is actually growing on me, as far as producing excellent shaving results in my book Taylor's doesn't have anything over two V creams. I use all of the Taylor's creams with the exception of almond so I can make a fairly good comparison. I hope that they come out with some other scents, I have already suggested that they consider Vetyver.

John
John V

Benjamin Franklin
PASO

Post by PASO »

Hi.

So the overall consensus is that the shave (lather, lube etc) is of a good quality and comparable to Taylors, Trumpers etc but the scent may not be as strong?
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Paso, although there have been some negative comments on this cream, I find them to be of good quality.
jvan
Mr. Vintage Himself

Post by jvan »

Paso, I'd rank them right up there with the T's, I think they provide me with the best lubricity.

John
John V

Benjamin Franklin